Thursday, July 24, 2008

Time is Fun When You Are Having Flies!

Well, today marks the one month celebration of Leila's birth. I just cannot believe how fast time goes? Wasn't it just yesterday that Iwas seriously contemplating drinking some castor oil so I could go into labor and have that all done? But now, my little girl is a month old, and changing every day, as children seem to do. She is a lot more alert - taking in the world around her. She sleeps longer at night (not all night just yet, though), and is getting cuter every day.
Yesterday, both Liam and Leila had doctor appointments, so here is the updates on them:
Liam - 32 1/2" tall, 28 lbs.
Leila - 22" tall, 9 lbs.
Leila has gained about 2 lbs since we left the hospital, and she has grown almost 2 inches. Liam has gotten quite used to her. As a matter of fact, he is constantly coming up to her, kissing her face while saying, "How sweet." I think the protective older brother instinct has already settled in, too. When she cries, he gets a concerned look on his face and tries to make it better, by either trying to rock her (if she is in her bouncy seat or the swing) or just talking to her. I have even caught him sitting next to her showing her his toys and talking. I assume he is explaining to her what the toys are.
All in all, we are doing quite well. These next few weeks are going to be very busy with church. We are getting ready for VBS the third week of August, and are trying to get some unfinished rooms in our church basement finished to use as classrooms. Then, Matt is also preparing to speak at a Christian camp in 2 weeks. It is called Hampton Bible Camp about 2 hours from here. The kids and I will stay home the first part of the week because Matt's brother, Chris, and his wife, Michelle, are coming for a short visit. They live in Edmonton, Albert, and I have never met Michelle, so I don't want to miss meeting her! On Wednesday, the kids and I will go to spend the rest of the week with Matt at camp. So, we are busy, busy, busy! That's about all I know from here! (hehe - right mom?)
Here are a few more pics of the kids. Aren't they cute?



Often, I will give Liam a piece of paper and a crayon for him to draw on. I found him sitting like this a little while ago, and I thought it was so cute!



She had just gotten her bath on Monday, and looked so content! She is getting the "Doan cheeks!" They are just so kissable!
Pretty green outfit! Leila looks really good in the brighter colors.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Wow! A month already?! She is growing and changing so much! You've got a really cutie over there!