Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope that you all are having a great day with friends and family. We are sort of celebrating Thanksgiving. I made a ham, scalloped potatoes, some rolls and some sweet tea, but that is all. Matt's parents dropped by for a little bit, so we had our little meal. It was yummy, though! It was my first time to make a ham like that, and it turned out pretty good! Matt is now at church getting ready for our weekly Kid's Alive meeting for the children. The kids are sleeping, so I decided to take a minute to write a post.

I just thought I would let you all know that I think something is wrong with my head. I mean, I am not the most graceful person in the world, but lately I have been doing some pretty dumb things. I seem to trip on EVERYTHING lately. I don't know how many times in the last week I have tripped on the foot of our couch. I seem to drop things all the time. Then, a couple days ago, I was putting dishes away and leaned over and hit my forehead on a shelf. It really hurt and it is still tender in that spot. Yesterday, I was baking some chicken breasts for supper. I am always trying to be very careful that I cook the meat long enough, so I don't get us all sick, so I usually use my meat thermometer to check the inner temp. Well, last night I did what I usually do, and checked the temp. It said 125 degrees F, so I took out the chicken, thinking it was WAY done. I served up the meal and Matt and I began to eat. Well, lets just say that the meat was not even close to be done. It was then I realized that chicken is supposed to be at least 160 degrees. Why I thought that 125 meant it was done, I don't know. My mind is just not clear. Matt had eaten a little of the chicken when he realized it was still quite raw, so I was just praying all last night that he would not get sick. So far, so good! He now accuses me of trying to poison him. Oops.

But I think the dumbest thing I have done lately is the one that makes me the most upset. The kids had their shots on Tuesday morning, so we were rushing to get out the door. Matt was in the car with Liam and I was getting my coat and Leila. Well, after I put on my coat, I picked up Leila and went to close the coat closet door. I had my left hand on the side of it (not on the knob like you are supposed to do)and was pulling it shut when it went too fast and I slammed my fingers in the door. It really hurt, and when I looked down, I noticed something that would have made me cry, if I was one who cried often.

Apparently, my hand was placed just so and I hit it hard enough that I actually bent the whole setting of my diamond ring forward!! It was pushed forward so much that it was cutting into my skin!!! I am so upset about it! Matt keeps trying to tell me that it is okay, that we can get it fixed, but I still am mad at myself for being so careless! It was hard to get my ring off, and it scraped up my finger in the process of pulling it off. Boy, how dumb can a person be! So, I guess that I have been having a "rough" week. But thankfully, the kids are doing well. They are sleeping good, which is very helpful for me.

Leila turned 5 months old yesterday! Wow. 5 months already! She is just so much fun! Liam is doing great. He is all about Frosty the Snowman now. He points out every snowman we see. Oh, and one of his favorite things now it to watch Matt and I play on our Nintendo Wii. Well, actually it is Matt's parents' Wii, but we "babysit" it all the time at our house. We recently got Mario Kart, which is SO much fun. I am very bad at it, but still love to play! Liam is constantly walking up to us, handing the controller to us, and saying, "More Yoshi, please!" Yoshi is his favorite for some reason, so I always play as Yoshi. Then Liam just sits there watching us race, and once a race is finished, he says either, "Yay! Good Job!" or "Yay, Yoshi!" It is pretty cute.

Yesterday I got to see what it would be like having three kids. We babysat our friend's 9 month old boy, Sam, for a few hours. It was fun, although I can see how much more busy it is! But I really think 2 is not too hard. Everyone told me that going from one to two kids is hard, but I haven't found it to be too hard. At least so far! :-)

Anyways, that is all that is going on with us! I hope that you all are having a great day, and I want my family to know that I have been missing you all today, and cannot wait to see everyone when we go on vacation in just over 2 weeks!

Until next time...

Our Beautiful Baby Girl

No comments: