Thursday, November 20, 2008

Not a Creature Was Stirring???

Well, hello there! How are you? Are you having a good day? I certainly hope so. We are having a pretty good day today. Yesterday was super busy, so we decided to just stay home all day and rest (well, the kids and I did at least). We all were so tired last night, I think we were asleep even before our heads hit the pillows, the kids included! I am so glad that Leila slept well for me last night. She really has been doing well these last few weeks! Yay!

So anyway, I had an interesting start to my day. Before I tell you about it, I need to tell you something very exciting - my Christmas tree is up!!!! We brought all our boxes home last night from where we store them at church, and I put up some stuff last night, and will finish tonight. We have to store a lot of stuff at church because we have no extra space here - we live in a mini home, with no storage shed or garage, so space is limited. So, a bunch of our stuff is stashed away in an extra room in the basement of our church.

Okay, now on to my story. It was a few minutes before 7 a.m., and I was abruptly awaken by a strange noise I heard in the living room. Because the kids' bedrooms are at the other end of the house, we sleep with our door open so I can hear the kids if they need me in the night. You have to go through the living room/dining room to get to the kids' bedrooms. Anyway, I am a somewhat light sleeper, especially now that I have children, so anything that is out of the ordinary at night will wake me up.

So this morning I wake up because I hear this strange, rustling sound out in the living room. I sat straight up in bed, and stared out the door, listening closer. Now, without my glasses, I cannot see a thing, and it was still pretty dark, so all I could do was listen and try to figure out what it was. The noise would "rustle" a little, then stop for a few seconds, then start again. Immediately my mind goes to the boxes that have been stored in the basement all year, and I think, "Oh no! There must have been a mouse in one of the boxes and we brought it home and now it is in my living room!!!" I HATE mice, among many other things, so my heart started pounding. Matt was sound asleep, but I still woke him up. I shook him and said, "Matt! Wake up! Do you hear that noise?" He woke up, somewhat confused, and said, "Huh?" "Listen! Do you hear that?" He listened for a second, then said, "I think its Liam." "No, I said. Liam would be saying something. And he would not just stay in the living room and play. He would come in here like he does every morning!" (All the while, the noise is still going on) "Matt, I think it is a mouse! Please go check!" And Matt, being the great husband that he is, gets out of bed, turns on a light and starts to quietly walk out into the living room when all of a sudden he stops, and we hear a little voice say,"Hi!" And there Liam was, sitting on our couch, with two of his hot wheels cars. The noise I heard was him rolling them back and forth on the back of the couch! I started laughing and told Liam how much he had scared me! So we got up and that was the start to my day! Whew! I am so glad it was not a mouse!

Liam has not done that before. He usually just comes straight to our room and climbs in our bed. The living room was really dark, so it is not like he could see much, but he was still playing quietly by himself! I tell you, once these kids learn how to open doors, life as you knew it is forever changed!

Well, I just thought I would share that little story with you all. I am now gonna go finish decorating! Have a great night! Until next time...

Liam did not feel well the other day, and this is how he fell asleep on the couch watching Baby Einstein.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Ewwww!! I hate mice too! I'm glad your 'mouse' turned out to be a lovable one!