Well, we finally made it home on Thursday afternoon! I love vacation, and I just LOVED being with all my family, but the saying really is true - there is no place like home! We left my parents house at 6:30 Tuesday morning, drove 2 hours to the airport, and spent the rest of the day flying home. The flights went just fine, except for the fact that we noticed Liam was really getting sick. He started wheezing and coughing almost constantly. By the time we got to Boston and my sis picked us up, he was not feeling well at all. We then drove another hour to my brother Andrew's house where we were staying the night. We debated on whether to take Liam in to the urgent care, but my sister, the ever so good registered nurse, listened to his lungs and said that she thought he would be okay, but to do a steam bath, some Vick's vapor rub, and a humidifier. We did all that, and he slept as good as one can when they cough all the time!
We were planning to drive home that next morning, but over night there was a snowstorm and the roads were quite icy, and Liam wasn't feeling any better, so we stayed an extra day. Liam would do well and not cough for a couple hours, then he would go back to coughing and crying and just wanting to be held. We "diagnosed" him with croup. So, the next day, Thursday, we headed home (a 6 hour drive). Once we got here, we began to unload our car. We were planning to take Liam to the walk-in-clinic once it opened at 5, since our dr. was not in the office that day. So, we had been home not even 5 minutes when there was a knock and someone from our church came by to shovel our driveway. Then, the phone rang off the hook it seemed! Boy, word sure travels fast that we were home! :-) Anyway, Matt was on the phone the next 3 hours, and then we left to take Liam.
We got there, only to see a sign that the clinic was only open Mon-Wed. So, off we went to the ER. Praise the Lord, we got in right away and we were only there a total of an hour. They confirmed that he had croup, so they gave him one dose of medicine to help with the cough, and off we went. They told us we should see an improvement in him that night. And I tell you, by the time we got home, he was so much more chipper and happier! He is still a little sick, but his cough sounds a ton better - not that horrible "barking" cough like it was. He is much happier and more himself. Only now, Leila is getting sick! And I am still getting over my cold that I have had for more than a week! AHHHH!!!!
I thought that I would share a few blessings that we have had over the last few weeks. First of all, Matt and I have talked for a while about trying to figure out how to get a piano so we can start Liam in lessons. He absolutely LOVES music, and shows so much interest in it, that we want to grab on to that and get him started early. We just had no idea how we would afford a piano. Well, while on vacation, we got an email from a lady in our church whose niece was getting some new furniture, and had a piano she wanted to give away! Our church member knew that Liam loved music, and had heard that we want to give him lessons, so she gave us first dibs! So we now have a piano - free!!! Honestly, we had not really talked to anyone about this except my parents, or even prayed about it yet! But God provided our need!
Then, after we got home on Thursday, a lady from our church called and said she had something for us. She said she would be right over. I was not sure what to expect, but when she walked in, she had bags of groceries for us! Some of what she gave us was: 2 loaves of homemade bread, 2 dozen eggs, 5 pounds of potatoes, a bag of apples, homemade preserves, cleaning stuff, homemade goodies, bacon, a pork roast, orange juice, butter, and some money for medicine or whatever since she heard Liam was sick! What a total surprise, but a huge blessing, since we had not been able to go grocery shopping yet! I tell you, God is just so good, and will take care of His children. I know I seem to say that a lot, but I am constantly seeing it in our lives. What a great and mighty God we serve!
Well, I am off to do other, more important things now. Vacation is great, but there always seems to be so much to do when you get home - mainly laundry and getting reorganized! Have a wonderful day!
1 comment:
Hope you all are feeling much better soon! God is so good and there is nothing wrong with talking about it all the time! More often than not we don't give Him the praise He deserves! What wonderful blessings you all have received :)
Post a Comment