1. For all those wondering, the computer guy was only able to save about 100 pictures off our hard drive. He tried every thing he knew how, but the hard drive just would not "turn on" or whatever the technological term is. So he saved a few, but I am still thankful for that little bit. I was encouraged, though, the other day, and not too upset about it for these few reasons. First, my parents and Matt's each have a large number of pictures that either they took, we sent to them through email, or we saved on disk for them. I think my parents alone have several hundred pics, many of which are the ones from the hospital and first few days, which are the ones that I was most upset about losing. Then, I remembered that I had some on my Facebook page, as well as many here on the blog. THEN I remembered that I had been working on a project on Shutterfly.com over the past little bit. I had earned enough points through Pampers Gifts to Grow program to get a free 20 page photo book! I was almost done with it - I had been making it of just Liam (his first 2 years), so I went to my project, and finished it and it is now in the mail to me as I type this! So that was exciting because I had obviously gone through and picked out our favorites of Liam, so really, not all is lost. God was good to us in that!
2. Liam is doing GREAT at potty training. Up until yesterday, we had not had an accident for a week and a half! He now either tells me he has to go, or runs to the bathroom and stands there waiting for me when he has to go. He would be able to do it all by himself except for the fact that he is not quite able to undress himself fast enough yet. But I don't mind helping him! It is great not having to change those diapers! We are now in week 3 of no diapers! And he goes on the big potty now, so I don't even have to deal with his "stuff" at all! Yay for me because that was so gross to me! His potty chart is FILLED with stickers, and he now likes to put them on his shirt. So, at the end of the day, he will have quite a few stickers on his shirt displaying his success! It is funny, because every time after he goes, he will stand up, turn and look into the potty, then clap his hands and yell, "Yay! Good boy!" And he loves to read out loud while he is on the potty, so sometimes he is on there for quite a while!
His new thing too is asking "What's that" and pointing to everything in his books. Sometimes it is easy, like a butterfly or a train or something, but sometimes he points to absolutely nothing and is not satisfied until I give him a suitable answer. So I usually just say whatever color the page is, whether it is blue or white or whatever. It is cute, but sometimes a little wearing cuz he asks it all the time! I guess the next step is asking, "Why?" I know that is coming soon!
3. Leila is as active as ever. She is crawling, so she gets into everything. Her crawl is funny though - it is not the typical on all fours all the time. She gets on all fours, then moves her knees up to almost where her hands are, then flops down on her tummy, which lunges her forward, and then repeats the process. But, she is fast and is fascinated with the dvd player, Liam's dvds, and the Wii. Yesterday, I caught her pulling the Wii completely off the shelf! Now, mind you, a minute earlier I had put her down nowhere near there! We are constantly watching her now. But she always wants to be moving.
I am still trying to get her onto solid foods, but she is one stubborn little chick. Matt and I could tell, even before she was born that she was going to be feisty, and is she ever! She is definitely nothing like Liam in personality! She is not laid back like Liam was. He was so easy with everything, but nothing has been that easy with her. Anyways, so she likes cereal, and pears and bananas and sweet potatoes, but that is it so far. And even then, I literally have to shove it through her little lips which she presses together so hard just to get the first bit in. Then, once she realizes she likes it, she will open her mouth. Phew! I can get a little frustrated with it. I hope this is not a sign of a lifelong battle of the wills, but I somehow think it is! Uh-oh! Our teen years should be fun! :-)
4. Church is busy as usual, but going well. We just had our annual business meeting, which went well (you know how those can sometimes go!). Our teens are doing great - and we are seeing them really start to grow and some even are getting that craving to learn more. It is so exciting to see! Tonight we are having two sisters over who are both really wanting to know more. One has asked me to show her how to pray, because she really doesn't know how but really wants to know. So tonight we are having them over for supper.
5. My husband is the greatest husband ever. I love him so much, and he made this Valentines Day so special! It all started on the Monday before and asked me what I wanted to do for Valentines. We usually don't do too much. He says he doesn't need some dumb man-made holiday to remind him to tell me he loves me! And he doesn't. He does sweet things all the time! Anyway, I told him I would love to just go out to eat with just him. Even just for a few hours. So, he told me to plan on Friday afternoon. I was so excited about it! Well, Friday morning, I was getting ready, when I walked out of the bathroom only to see a suitcase lying on our bed. He was standing there, so I asked him why that was there. He said, "Oh, I didn't tell you that we are going out to lunch, only we aren't coming back until tomorrow!" I was so surprised! He made reservations at this Inn that is right on the river about 40 mins from here.
Matt's mom came over to watch the kids (I was so glad that I was mostly caught up on my housework - it was clean!), and off we went! We went to lunch, then walked around the mall in Fredericton ( which is our closest mall - about 50 mins from us.) It was nice to be able to walk around and HOLD HANDS which we don't get to do as much because we usually each have a kid or are pushing strollers or shopping carts. So, we did a little shopping, then went to dinner using a gift card that his brother and wife gave us for Christmas. We came back the next morning around lunch. It was just so nice to get away, have a night off. Although I love my kids more than anything, it is nice to take a short break every now and then!
So we had a great V-day. Oh, I failed to mention that he also bought me flowers and the movie Fireproof, which I had said I wanted. I think that was my favorite V-day yet! Now, I fear he has no money left for my b-day this Sunday! Just kidding, I actually only asked him for a new faucet for my kitchen sink. I know, I know, very not romantic, but I really want one that has a sprayer thing. He told me he couldn't do that for my b-day, but I told him, "Why not? Its what I asked for!" :-)
I think that is all the updates for now. I am really looking forward to this weekend as my brother, Andrew, and his family are coming for a visit! I love having people visit, especially my family! So we should have a fun time. Thanks for taking the time to read this rather long post, and I apologize for it not being more interesting! Have a great day!
1 comment:
Woo-hoo!! Sealy updates!! :-) Sounds like you HAVE been busy and that's certainly a good reason to procrastinate over a blog. :-) Thanks for posting, it was fun to read!
Post a Comment