I just LOVE this girl!
He loves to play with his trains!
Playing the cello with "Uncle" Andrew
Liam (sporting his new haircut) playing his guitar.
The kids are doing very well. Liam talks more and more every day, mostly all in sentences now. There are still times that it is just jibberish and we can't understand what he is saying, but most of the time, I know. He says things like, "Mommy, can I eat?" or "Hey there pretty girl!" (speaking to Leila). His new phrase we taught him is, "See ya later, alligator!" He thinks that is pretty funny. He is doing super on going potty. He LOVES to sing, all the time. We often will hear him singing I Love You, Lord, I'll Fly Away, Jesus Loves Me, It's Wonderful To Be a Christian, My God Is So Big among other songs. There is nothing sweeter than hearing my little boy sing I Love You, Lord. I just love it! He is always copying everything we do, especially his daddy. He is usually loving to his sister, although he gets upset when she plays with his toys and he has pushed her a few times. We are working on that!
Leila is changing so much as well. We call her our little Wiggle Worm. I honestly have never seen a baby that moves as much as she does. She wants to be on the go all the time, and she is super fast when you let her go. She does not sit still for one minute. People at church laugh because they try to hold her during the song service or something, and she doesn't even sit still then. She is not one of those kids that is content to just be held. She is twisting and turning the whole time and it wears you out by just trying to hold her! She also pulls up on everything and walks around the furniture. She is getting braver with that, and even going at it "one-handed." I really think it is not too long before she walks. You can just see it in her eyes that she is itching to take off running, especially after her brother.
She is cutting four teeth at once, now - poor girl! It has been a rough couple of days, so I sure hope they pop through soon. You can see her gums are red and a little swollen, and you can see the teeth just barely under the surface.
She had her 9 month check-up last week and is doing great. She is still on the very low side of average - in the 20th percentile I think. She is 15 lbs. 6 oz., but is consistently gaining weight and getting longer, so we are not worried about it. Our dr. told us she honestly thinks that because Leila is so active, she burns through her calories faster than most babies. So, we are trying to get as much in her as possible.
Matt and I are good. We have a VERY busy weekend starting on Friday night. We are having a youth group all nighter. I am sorta excited about it because we always have a ton of fun with our teens, but not excited about staying up all night. I used to love it, but I think my "party all night" days are long over. I can't even remember the last time I stayed up all night! So, we have that on Friday night, then Saturday we are getting ready for Easter Sunday. We are having a breakfast at the church before Sunday school, then the morning services and the Lord's Supper, then no evening service. It should be a wonderful day to celebrate what the Lord did for us, but I know by the end of it Matt and I will be exhausted!
Well, that's the up date on us for now. I do suppose there are a few more things - like the fact that we are house hunting - going to see 2 houses today - but I will save all of that for a later post. Until next time....
No comments:
Post a Comment