Saturday, September 5, 2009

All is Well

Well, I realized that in my last post I did not really give you a family update, just a house/life update, so I thought that I would just update everyone on how we all are doing.
Matt has taken it a little easier these last two weeks, partly due to being exhausted, and partly due to not feeling well. A couple weeks ago we believe he had a kidney stone, and he is still struggling with something going on in his stomach/intestine area. He has had an ulcer a couple years ago, so we are not sure if that has come back or not. He is going to dr. this week to check it all out and hopefully get some answers. Please pray that he feels better soon!
Church will be getting back to our "calmer" fall schedule now that the kids are going back to school and summer is over. This year our church has an intern from the local Bible institute, so that will take a bit of load off of Matt to have an assistant. We are excited about that.
As for me and Baby Girl "L", we are doing pretty well. Yes, you read right - we are having another girl! Well, I guess there is always the possibility they are wrong, but the tech was pretty sure he didn't see "anything" at all. I was a little surprised cuz I would have bet anything I was having a boy - but a girl is just fine with us! We definitely had a boy named picked out, but not a girl. Matt did some "research" yesterday on the internet, and may have come up with a name that we both love. It is nice - for the most part, we both agree on names pretty easily.
It was really good to see the baby moving and see her cutie face. Her profile looks just like Liam's and Leila's ultrasounds did! I love it! She is measuring right on track and as far as we know, all is well. She weighs a whopping 12 oz. right now! :-)
Liam is really enjoying his new house. Anytime we leave it to go to the store or church, he asks, "Can we go home to the new house?" At first he was confused about home and the new house being the same place, but now he understands it all. He is really developing mentally. Every day he seems to expand his knowledge of something and it is so fun to watch. In about two weeks we are going to start "school" every day and I am beginning to teach him Phonics. He knows his alphabet very well, and knows almost all the sounds each one makes, so we are going to expand that to all phonics and start the process of learning to read. I always said I was going to teach my children to read as early as they were ready, and I really think he is ready to at least start the process. I still can't get over how many of our teens that we come in contact with (and adults) that can barely read. It is so sad to me - I love to read so much! And being able to read is a basis for succeeding in anything in life! So I want to do my best to help my children and give them that jump start in life.
Leila is still our little fireball - even more so every day. She is very good at walking now, and spends all her days following mostly Liam around, but if he gets boring, she follows me or Matt around. She is definitely a daddy's girl through and through. And Matt just soaks it all in. She is trying to repeat everything we say, and has a new favorite word - no. She sure hears it enough - no wonder she says it all the time! She is a busy little girl and gets into mischief way more than Liam ever did. I think that is why I am so tired all the time! :-) I sort of have a feeling that she will struggle with the new baby more than Liam did when she was born. I just have that sense so we will see how it all goes! After all - she doesn't really have a choice, does she!
Well, we are off to our day of laundry and playing and napping and whatever else the day brings! Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend, all!

Leila walkin around with Mommy

I am standing on our back porch taking this pic. That is a potato field behind us. Matt loves it that he can go out back and hit his golf balls! (Although he doesn't like this pic cuz "his form is way off!") And of course, Liam is always out there too with his golf clubs!

What fun is summer without good 'ole corn on the cob!
Leila's first experience with corn on the cob. She loved it!
Baby Girl "L"


2 comments:

Rachel said...

Can't wait to find out what the new "L" name is! So excited for you guys! Your kids big blue eyes are too cute in these pictures! Our lil guys like corn on the cob too, it's way more fun than the other way. :-) Glad you're doing well!

Wendy said...

Love the new photos :) Your little ones are super cute :) You are also looking SMALL in that photo!!