Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Husband

Well, I have written all about my kids, so I thought it was high time I wrote a little about my fabulous husband, Matt. We are coming up on our 5th wedding anniversary this June. Five great and busy years, I should say. I plan to share our "love story" with you on our anniversary, so check back then to hear it! I know you all will be waiting with bated breath! Ha!!

So, back to Matt. Hmm... its hard to even know where to start - there is so much I love and
appreciate about him! Matt just celebrated his 30th birthday, and is coming up on his 10 "birthday" from when he was saved. I have been saved for 22 years (was saved at age 6), yet I can honestly say that Matt is so much more mature spritually than I am.

As a pastor, he puts his whole heart and mind in it, as I believe a pastor should. He cares very deeply for our church people, and would do anything he could to help them to grow closer to the Lord. He puts much thought and prayer into what the Lord would have him to speak on, then many hours of study for each message. And God is greatly using him in helping people learn more about the Bible and God.

Since Matt is a pastor, I have the privilege of having him around during the mornings and some afternoons more than most wives. He usually is home most mornings, although usually that time is spent studying and preparing his messages. So it is nice to have him around, even though he is usually busy working. I like having him near. The down side to him being around in the mornings usually means he is often gone in the afternoons and evenings. He is almost always home for supper, but often has to rush off to go to youth group, visitations, etc. So my evenings can get a little long and sometimes lonely at times. There have been several occasions when he has not come home until 2 a.m. But, I do have three kids to keep me busy! ;-)

As for other things about Matt, he is a lover of all things sports. If you are around for even just a short time, something about sports is for sure to come up. I think his favorite sport is hockey, no golf, no football, no baseball. Um. I guess he pretty much likes it all. You name the sport, I will name his favorite team (or at least try to - I am still learning here!). I will admit that he has won me over on SOME sports. Like golf. I enjoy watching golf now. And football. I am still trying to figure out hockey, so I am not to the enjoying the sport part yet. (oh, and by the way - hockey is WAY more than just a bunch of grown men skating around beating each other up - which is what I used to think. And you will probably offend many Canadians if you say that to them. So don't do it! ;-) )

I am actually very glad that he is such a lover of sports. It is an outlet for him. It is a way for him to put all the cares and stress of pastoring sorta in the back of his mind for a little while and be able to concetrate on something else. I am glad he has that. I only wish we could afford for him to golf more - it is a good stress reliever to hit that little white ball really hard!

Matt is a great father, too. Our kids just adore him. They are excited when he comes home and ask me probably 100 times when he is not home where he is. Liam sometimes gets to go out and run errands with him, which Liam will talk about for the next several days. Matt is teaching Liam golf (which, by the way Liam LOVES golf!). Matt is always letting the kids know how much he loves them. When he talks to Libby, she gives him the biggest smiles, and he is convinced that she almost says "Dada" now. I'm not so sure about that. I love to watch him with my kids. Makes me love him even more!

As a husband, he is way too good to me. He spoils me. Very often he comes home with a card or a gift (which is often a book that I have been wanting to read) and sometimes flowers. He is very good about getting me things that I crave whether I am pregnant or not. Ha - my excuse now is that I am still eating for two, so I need all the extra calories! He is always surprising me with stuff, which I usually don't deserve.

I met Matt over 7 years ago, we were married 5 years ago, and I can honestly say that each day I have grown to love him more and more. And if I didn't already know it, I tell people that I know I married the right guy because we have such cute kids! Ha!

So there, in a very small nutshell, is my hubby. I would post some pictures of him, but I can't for two reasons. One, is because we rarely take pictures of oursleves anymore - we are always focused on the kids! So I don't have many. I guess I should change that! And two, I am typing this on our new laptop that we have recently acquired and we don't have any pics on here yet. I will explain about the laptop in a future post!

Matt, I love you so much! Thank you for all you do for me and the kids. We are truly blessed to have you!

Until next time....

p.s. When I told Matt that I was doing a post about him, he wanted me to be sure that I made him sound a lot thinner than he is. So I told him I was going to write that in here. Hehe!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I understand about the asking "Where's daddy?" Having daddy around 95% of the time and now having him gone a good part of the day has caused many concerned questions from Emma :) I am thankful that the Lord blessed you with a wonderful husband. The Lord sure knows how to spoil us :)