If you were to ask me what my "most favorite" hobby in all the world would be - I would have to say it definitely is reading. I have always enjoyed reading. In elementary, I remember my teachers always having reading contests where we would get points for reading so many pages and books. I always won. I read every chance I could. Even through high school and college - I read at every opportunity. At college, I had a massive 6 floor library at my disposal, and it was very hard to not spend all my time reading instead of studying! When I was on staff there I was always checking out books. I loved to read! And I am still the same way today.
I actually don't have a ton of time to read these days. Any idea why? :-) But I do read as much as I can. That is one nice thing about nursing your baby - you have to sit down every couple of hours for 30 mins or so. You don't have much else to do at that time, so why not read? Unfortunately, our local library is quite small and does not contain a ton of books that I would care to read, so we have to buy most of the books that I want to read now. Although, I always raid my mom's books and Danielle's when I go to their houses.
Anyways, I have read some really good books lately, and thought that I would try something new with this blog. In addition to my weekly ramblings about life, I thought that, as I come across a book that I think would be interesting to others, I would do a book report of sorts here to give you an idea of what it is about.
Matt and I are often asked to recommend books, and we never suggest a book we have not read ourselves. Also, before I was married, my former youth pastor's wife sent me an audio tape that she had made, giving me all kinds of advice on marriage being a pastor's wife, etc. We had really wanted her to come to my bridal shower and give the devotional, but was unable to make it, so she sent the tape instead. During her "talk" with me, she told me that I should keep up on reading all kinds of books. Not only to continue to expand my knowledge on things, but as an output for me to just "get away" from life and enjoy some time to myself. I know that she is a avid reader herself (or at least was before she had 4 boys!)
So starting some time this week, I am going to start these book reports. They will vary from Christian fiction, to parenting, to women's issues, to marriage, etc. I don't know how frequently I will do this. I do have a list of about 10 books already that I am going to do, but after that I will probably do the reports as I read the books! You may totally not be interested in any of this, but I am always happy to hear other's opinions on books! If you have any suggestions of books you really like, please let me know!
Have a great Sunday!
Until next time...
1 comment:
two you might be interested I have come accros recently: Grace Based Parenting by Tim Himmel and Coffee Shop Conversations by Dale and Jonalyn Fincher. Haven't read them all but am intrigued so far!!!
Post a Comment