Thursday, May 6, 2010

Country Girl???

Hmmm... there was a comment made on my last post by my friend, Wendy, eluding to the fact that we are becoming country folk.  That made me laugh.  Probably because I would consider myself a "country girl" now - to an extent.  Oh, don't worry.  I am not running around with overalls on, braided hair,  barefoot and chewing a piece of straw.  But, I do enjoy being outdoors now so much more than before.  I LOVE the wide open spaces all around us.  I am enjoying watching all the crops being planted right now.  I am looking forward to having our own vegetable garden this year (if we don't kill everything!).  And I love the laid back lifestyle.

Yes, pretty much everything in our town is closed by 9 p.m. and open only a few hours on Sundays.  No, we don't have a mall or a Super Walmart.   Yes, it often smells very strongly of cow manure - the "country perfume".  Yes, we lately haven't even begun eating supper until close to 7 p.m.  And yes, I call it "supper" now.  Yes, we call it "going to town" when we go to the store and run errands.  Yes, I feel claustrophobic when we are "in the city" and all the traffic makes me nervous and the rush-rush life and hustle and bustle of people makes me look forward to getting back to our quiet little place.

So, I guess you can say that this born and raised city girl is now a country gal.  And that's okay with me. (although I wouldn't HATE it if we got a Target and Taco Bell in town - wishful thinking, though! :-).

Just thought I would let you all know that.  You can go back to whatever you were doing now.  I'm gonna go corral the horses. ;-)
Until next time....

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'd have to say I much prefer the country life to city life, oh yes! :-) Have fun with those horses! Ha ha!

Wendy said...

Hahahaha, this made me laugh :) I'm glad you love where you live, it should be that way :) Being in the center of God's will is the most peaceful place to be, no matter where you live. Taco Bell....you know, I still can't go there without thinking of you :) One day, yes, one day we will have to go there again, TOGETHER :)