Monday, August 9, 2010

He Is All I Need

It seems that a lot of people that we know, in our church and elsewhere, are going through trials in their lives right now.  At times, it is so easy to look at the circumstances they or ourselves are in and to question what good can come from it.  I know I often find myself even questioning God.  Now, I don't think that it is wrong to ask God "why" when we don't understand.  But we need to be sure that we are asking it in the right way.  And there will be times that we won't get an answer right away.  Some things we may never know until we reach Heaven why God allowed us to go through certain things.

For myself, I still do not know why the Lord allowed me to have my back problems.  I don't know why He allowed me, as a young 18 month old girl, to have a tumor growing on my spinal cord.  I don't know why He allowed me to have 4 back surgeries, or why He allowed me to wear a back brace for 12 years.  I don't know why.  But what I do know is that His grace is sufficient for me.  His mercies are new every morning.  Great is His faithfulness.

No matter what circumstance, no matter what trial that comes into our lives, we as believers have the one Thing that can help us make it through.  We may not understand.  We may grieve, have physical and emotional pain, feel alone and that no one understands, but We have Christ who can help.  We have Christ who we can turn to when there is no one else.  He knows what we are going through, He knows what we need.  He is all I need.

I don't know all who read this, and I don't know all that you are going through, but I do know that Christ is there for you, to help you no matter the circumstance.  He can give you the hope and comfort you need.  I saw this video on a friend's facebook page the other day, and both Matt and I were moved by the stories and message it tells.  If you have a moment, please take the time to click on the link below and watch it.  And remember, Christ is the answer to all of life's problems and struggles.  He is all you need.

http://vimeo.com/4125092

Until next time...

No comments: