Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Our Trip In Pictures...

Here are some(or alot!) pictures from our trip!  Enjoy!

On the road!  I think I was more excited than Matt since I wasn't driving!






Hi pretty girl!










Bonjour!










Gotta love the name of the second city!  Ha! Ha! :-)









St. Lawrence River - HUGE!!!!  It looks like a lake!






First half of the trip we saw a lot of this - silos, silos, and more silos.






Second half of the trip we saw this - trees, trees, and more trees.






And of course - it wouldn't be a road trip without construction.






How would you like to live this close to a gas station?  I am sitting in our car at the gas pump!





If that wasn't close enough, how about this?  Walking down your steps and the corner of the gas station right there?!





I think my French is getting better - I can totally read all those signs! ;-)





Bridge outside of Quebec City. 






Quebec City downtown skyline!  Glad we didn't have to drive through it!





Watch out for moose signs!  They just might collide with a car sign!









Whatever you do - DON'T speed - unless you want to pay almost $900 and 10 points on your licence!!!







The modern day "tee-pee."






Our lodging.


































The gym where the meetings were held.






Matt speaking with the interpreter (who is the pastor's wife).  






Fire escape route written in French, English, and Cree.






"Our" street.






The old site I was telling you about in the last post.  






Pastor Gordon.






The bear about to be skinned! (Don't worry, I won't show you those pics! :-) )





An elder lady tending the smokehouse.  Lots of fish...






The chapel at the old site.






Making wooden paddles with an axe.






They hang the paddles to dry them out so they become lighter .






Moose hide hanging in the breeze.  This has a very distinct smell.  Both Matt and I have slippers made from this, and Matt has a vest as well.




Had a great time, but so happy to be home with all our kids!








Hope you enjoyed these.  I have lots more, but thought this was enough for now!

Until next time...


1 comment:

Wendy said...

Great photos! Looks like a beautiful place!