The kids were a little more rowdy today - due in part to the fact that it was raining and we were stuck indoors (AND it is a full moon? Yes, I do believe that plays a part in our moods! Don't worry - I'm not super-stitious - just a little-stitious. ;-) )
Also, so far this week the kids have accumulated over 50 pounds of pennies, with the leaders getting over 30 pounds (we are having a competition). All the money will go to one of our missionaries, the Grants who serve in Bolivia, and just happen to be back here on furlough. Their three boys are attending VBS, and tomorrow night Mike and Talitha Grant will be at our BBQ and we will present them with a "check" for all the money (Matt made a huge check out of poster board - it looks cool!). SO, not only do Matt and I get to put together over 100 hamburgers tomorrow afternoon, we get to roll pennies! Ahhh... I love VBS.....
Please continue to pray. Especially for tomorrow night at the BBQ. We are expecting a lot of unsaved parents and siblings to come and they will most definitely hear the gospel. We are really looking forward to it.
Well, it is off to bed I go. This weekend I will give a much more detailed report of our week, as well as show some pics. Today was duct tape day, and we had some VERY interesting creations made out of duct tape - everything from a ties and suspenders to a motor bike helmet to a girl wearing and actual pair of pants completely made out of duct tape! I bet she was really hot by the end of the morning! Ha!
Oh, and my hear husband had the "bright" idea to tell the kids that if they reached 50 kids tomorrow, they could make HIM a human rice crispy treat! I am almost positive they will reach that goal! Yuck! He is going to have marshmallow everywhere! Oh, don't worry - if it happens I will be sure to take pictures!
Until next time...
1 comment:
That is so great Em! I'm sure you all are very encouraged see all those kids come out!
Post a Comment