Thursday, August 12, 2010

We Made It!

Well, it was a LONG day, but we made it!  We kissed our sweet sleeping Liam and Leila (well, Liam was awake!) goodbye and headed out a 6 a.m. yesterday morning and drove.  And then we drove.  And we drove a little more.  In all, it was about 13.5 hours driving with only about 3 stops to top off on gas and feed Libby.  I took a bunch of pictures along the way as a way to entertain myself, so I plan to post those on here to make you feel as if you were right there with us! :-)  Anyways, we got a great nights sleep in a HUGE California King size bed.  Our accommodations are superb.  We are staying in a home and have it all to ourselves since the owners are away right now. And today we are off to explore the village and get ready for the meetings to start tonight.  Please continue to pray for us.  I am already missing my two eldest kiddos quite a bit!  Libby is sleeping and other than getting ready to take a shower, I have nothing to do!  Weird!  It is SO quiet and I am just not sure what to make of it!  It reminds me of how quite and slow our lives were when we only had one child! Ha!

Well, have a great day and I will be back to post those pics soon!

Until next time...

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hmmm, I can't seem to recall those "one child" days very well. :-) Sounds like I need a vacation too! Though I know what you mean, I miss my munchkins whenever I am away from them even for a short time.... strange!

Wendy said...

I'm so glad to hear you made it safely! I can imagine it would be hard to be apart from your kids, especially being so young! Praying for you all and the meetings!