Well, tomorrow is my 2nd MRI. I don't want to do it, but I must. I ask that you all would pray for several things. First of all, that it will go by quickly. I am praying that it will be faster than the last one - even 2 hours would be better than 2 1/2! Also, pray that they will get all the pictures that they need this time so that we can get some answers. And lastly, pray that maybe, just maybe, this time I won't have any pain during it. I am usually fine for the first hour and half or so. Its after that point that my back and neck start burning with pain and then my head starts hurting...etc. It is just so uncomfortable! (If you have never had an MRI - just think of this. Take a flat bed sheet, fold it in half and lay it on your kitchen counter. Then, get on the kitchen counter and lay flat on your back. Now, have someone place a big tube over your whole body with only about 8 -10 inches between your face and the side of the tube. Then, have a really loud clicking noise - almost like horses clomping their feet on hard pavement - play right in your ears every 2 minutes or so, with the clicking lasting for about 5 minutes each time. Make sure the clicking is so loud you can't hear anything else. Now, just lay like that without moving for a couple hours. There. You have just experienced the MRI with me!)
It is sometime soon we should find out if my tumor is growing again or what is going on. And then, after that, we will take whatever action needs to be done. I can honestly say that, MOST of the time, I am at perfect peace about the results. I know God is in control and He is working His PERFECT plan. But, there are those few moments when I don't "take every thought into captivity" and my mind goes to all the what-ifs and what abouts. I start going to the worst case scenario and get myself all worked up. But the Lord is really helping me, and those moments are rare. I am really just tired of not knowing and ready for some answers.
I will try to update on how it all went, as well as tell you about this past weekend. I had started a post about it, but was not able to finish as I have been a little busy getting us all back into the routine of things. But I will finish it all soon. I thank you all for your prayers. And if you think of it, please pray for my friend Wendy. She is going through some very hard trials right now and can really use the prayers of her brothers and sisters in Christ. Thanks. Oh, by the way, my MRI starts at 1p.m. Atlantic time.
Isaiah 26:3
"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee, because he trusteth in thee."
3 comments:
Will be praying for you!!
Praying for you Em. I know how much you loath these things. Love you much and thanks so much for your prayers!
Praying!! I totally understand the MRI...it's terrible! =(
Post a Comment