I can't believe that tomorrow she turns 1 year old. 1 year old. My baby is 1 year old? Where did the time go? I just can't believe it. But what a joy this past year has been with Libby in our lives!
Libby, you are turning one tomorrow. Just like it was with your brother and sister, Daddy and I have loved you since the moment we knew of your existence. You sure gave me a hard time the whole 9 months I was carrying you, but it was so worth it. You came into this world with a full head of hair and a good set of lungs. And although you can really belt it when you want to, you never cried too much. You have been such a good baby. You were always content to just sit in your swing, or lay on a blanket on the floor, watching your brother and sister.
Right from the start you were a good eater - still are. I have yet to find something that you won't eat (please keep it that way! Please!?) Once you learned how to smile - you did it all the time. Unless you are sick (like you have been recently), you will crack a smile for pretty much anyone. You aren't afraid of strangers, but you have a few people that are your favorite. I can tell you really love your older brother and sister. You watch everything they do, and now that you are crawling like an expert, you follow them around. You like to get into their toys, and you really seem to LOVE Leila's blanket, which she is not too happy about.
But I think your most favorite person of all is your Daddy. "Dada" was the first word you said, and is still the one you say the most often. This morning when I went in to get you up, you were sitting up in bed, smiled at me, put up your arms and said, "Dada." Hmm.... I guess I will let you be a Daddy's girl.
I think your favorite food is bananas. You get the biggest smile on your face and can't sit still in your seat when you see me walking towards you with one. We are starting to expand your diet to dairy. You love yogurt, eggs, milk, cheese - everything, pretty much. You know how to sign "all done" but we are still working on "please." You wave hi in the cutest way, especially when you say "hi" at the same time.
You aren't walking yet, but are pulling up on everything. You do love to kick your legs, though, which makes getting you dressed each day seem more like a wrestling match to mommy than anything else. You love bath time, which you happily kick your legs and splash all around.
You weight about 21 pounds (last I checked - its been a while) and have three teeth. You like to jabber on about all kinds of things, and I'm pretty sure you know how to say "Bubba" our name for Liam, and "Yay-ya" for Leila.
Libby, you bring so much joy to our lives and constant smiles to our faces. We love you so very much and thank the Lord every day for giving you to us. Daddy and I pray for you to grow up to be a healthy, godly young woman. We pray that you always strive to seek the Lord, to place Him first in your life.
Happy 1st birthday, sweet Libby. Mommy and Daddy love you.
(If you want to read the whole birth story for Libby, click here.
1 comment:
Hope Libby's birthday was very special and memorable for you all :) I can't believe she is one either but praise the Lord for blessing you with such a sweet little life to raise for Him!
Post a Comment