Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I sit down tonight, getting ready to grace you with my whit and intelligence as I ignore the basket full of laundry waiting to be folded - and I am drawing a blank.  I don't know why, but of late I seem to be completely uninspired.  And by that, I mean COMPLETELY.  I can't come up with great ideas for meals, I don't want to do any housework.  Nothing interesting or even exciting comes to mind when I want to blog.  I just want to lay around, sleep in, and read or watch chick flicks.  What's my stinking problem????  To be honest, I don't know.  Now, don't get all concerned - I'm not suffering from some type of depression or anything.  I think that I am suffering from what I am calling the "Winter Blahs."  And I don't like it.  I think I am usually an up-beat kind of person.  I think.  But this winter seems to be dragging on forever and ever, and it is really getting to me.  I am not a huge outdoors kinda person - but I am literally craving going outside and breathing in the fresh air, letting the sun warm my shoulders.  Oh - I could do that now. I could go outside and let the bitter wind chap my cheeks eliminating the need to apply blush for the next three weeks.  I could go outside, letting the sun reflecting off the frozen fields of snow surrounding our house burn my retinas with being so bright.  I could go outside and take a deep breath in causing my lungs to freeze and burn - all at the same time.  I could do that.  But it doesn't really sound like fun to me.

I really do hate sounding so "complaining" (I know, I know - that is the wrong way to use that word - just get over it!), but this is really getting to me!  There is a family in our church that are on vacation right now at Disney World - enjoying the sun and fun of Florida.  And I am a little jealous.  I read other blogs of moms who are taking their kids outside, going on walks and picnics, playing in the pool.  And I am a little jealous.  Just a little.

I used to hear of "snow birds" that would leave the cold north and spend the winters in Florida or somewhere else that is south and warm.  I thought it was weird.  Not anymore.  Now I totally get it!  Totally!  I love snow and all - but enough is enough for me!

Okay.  Enough complaining!  I am done.  I'm gonna look on the positive side of things.  Like how, at the moment, all of us are feeling good.  No sickness right now.  Well, except for Matt - his back is killing him.  But soon he will be seeing the chiropractor and that will help him.  I am so glad we got over that yucky sickness that is going on everywhere. 

Another exciting thing it that our GARAGE DOORS ARE HERE!  Woohoo!  They were delivered yesterday, and Matt and his brother will put them up on Saturday (which, if looking at the instructions and amount of pieces is any indication, it is going to be quite the ordeal!).  We are so looking forward to using our garage again, especially after Sunday when it rained all day and we had to trudge through the rain and slush to get all the kids and "stuff" in the car.  In our dress clothes.  Ya, that was fun!

So, tomorrow we head to Fredericton for my appointment with the thoracic surgeon.  Hopefully after that we will have a plan and can figure out what we are gonna do (I guess that is what a plan is, huh?  Can you say redundant?).

Hope all is well with you all!  Hopefully I will feel a bit more inspired and will post again very, very soon!

Until next time...

4 comments:

Danielle Doan said...

Hang in there! SPRING IS COMING! This is the little mantra i say to myself over and over...it IS COMING!!! Luv u:)

Wendy said...

Hoping spring makes it's arrival up there real quick like! Been praying for you today!!

Taylor said...

I am sooo ready for spring! We still have lots of snow here :(

Unknown said...

Totally understand about the winter blahs!!! Suffering from the same here....BUT this morning I heard birds singing and the sun was shining through our window!! Spring is close! We can make it! =)