Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Let's Be Real...

I know that all two of my readers are probably anxiously (or should I say eagerly) waiting me to post something new today.  And I have been thinking of what I could do that would be interesting or fun.  I could update you on how our lives have been.  But that may bore you.  I could make up a story or something, but I don't think I have the brain power.  So I wasn't even going to post tonight.  Until I started reading through some of my "regular" blogs that I go through each day.  And then I got inspired.

Just recently I have found a new blog through my sis-in-law and her sister on Facebook.  The original post I saw was about what it would be like if the reality show Survivor did one about going to the grocery store with young children.  It totally had me cracking up.  So I have come back to that blog and have found it quite entertaining - and encouraging.  You can read that post here.  Anyways, I was browsing around her site tonight, and found this post, "Real Motherhood:The Things I Don't Want You To Know About Me"  And it had me laughing so hard.  So I decided to "get real" with you all and do the same thing.  Not that I haven't been real.  But anyways - you get the idea.  So, without further ado, here are my "25 Things I Don't Want You To Know About Me."

1.  Whenever anything happens in our lives, I think of how I can word it in a blog post.

2.  I have strong obsessive compulsive tendencies that rule my life - such as I have to have the shirts in our closets all facing the same direction, all the books on the shelve facing the same direction, our clothes folded and put in the drawers so that you can see all the contents of the drawers at one time... you get the picture.

3.  I have a weird habit of playing with my ears.  I will sit there, and if my earlobes are cold, I will fold them up and push them into my ear just a bit.  Sounds weird, I know.  But you should try it.  It is fun.

4.  I cannot sleep without a small, rounded buckwheat pillow over my face.  I literally CANNOT sleep without it.

5.  I HATE vegetables and am having a hard time making my kids eat them when I don't want to eat them myself.

6.  Sometimes I eat pretzels for breakfast.  And by sometimes I mean at least once a month.

7.  I often check my blog to see if anyone has made a comment.

8.  I loathe laundry.

9.  I don't like to bake and only make sweets for my hubby when he asks me to or I want to "woo" him.

10. I don't cry very much, nor do I like to cry.

11.  I did not want to move here.  Not one bit.  (Just so you know, I love it here now - but it took some time!)

12.  Even though I am a pastor's wife and have been saved since I was six, I still have a hard time being consistent all the time with my time with God.

13.  I often feel overwhelmed with housework.

14.  Sometimes I get so frustrated with my kids I have to walk away and be by myself for a minute.

15.  When I tell my husband I am going to take a "quick shower" I tend to stay in there for a LONG time.

16.  I love blogging. (you wouldn't know that recently by how little I have been blogging, now would you?)

17.  I am not perfect in grammar and spelling, but I hate it when there are glaring typos - in anything.  Drives me nuts.

18.  I am an HGTV fan.  A a DIY network fan.

19.  I wish I had a private master bathroom.

20.  I wish I had twins.  (I don't want that to sound like I am not blessed beyond measure with the three beautiful kids I already have.  I just would love to have twins.)

21.  I was a little jealous when my brother and his wife announced they were having twins.  (I love those girls!!!)

22.  22 is my favorite number mainly because it is my birthday.

23.  I've always loved the fact that I have blond hair and blue eyes.  Just never said it out loud!

24. I am terrible at making a menu and planning meals.  But working on it!

25.  I am addicted to Coca-cola.

Whew!  There!  That was kinda harder than I thought!  And I will admit that there were a couple I typed out and then erased because I just didn't like the look of it typed out!  Sorry.  Maybe some other time!

Anyways, there are things that you now know about me that maybe you didn't want to know.  But hey, no one made you read it.  So, I pass the torch on to you.  Are you brave enough to do this?  (Maybe brave isn't the word...)

Until next time....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm! I find all these little facts interesting. BUT I thought that you did like to cook/bake???? You have become so good at it. MOM :) :)

Wendy said...

Great *getting to know you* post :) After ten years of friendship there were a few I didn't know already :)

Matthew & Sheila said...

This was fun and interesting to read. I admire your sincerity! The ear thing, well, you know I can relate. Coolest feeling ever! ;)
Thanks for the post!