The kids were so excited - mostly about staying in a hotel. I am not sure what the great fascination with staying in a hotel is, but they asked every five minutes at first, "Is that the hotel?" Finally we got it through to them that it would be HOURS before we got there and they quieted down. And amazingly, we made it 250 miles without making one stop. I'd say that is pretty good with three young kids and a pregnant mommy!
All in all, we drove about 8 hours today and the kids did great! I am so glad that, for the most part, we have really good travellers! Libby is the one who has the hardest with sitting still, but as long as you keep food in her hands or are looking right at her, she does fine. I'm glad that my belly is really big just yet, because I wouldn't have been able to turn all around and climb all around the car like I did today.
We are now in our hotel, this kids did their share of running around, and now they are tucked away in bed "sleeping." We will see how this goes. Libby has her pack n' play, but Liam and Leila are sharing a double bed for the first time, and Leila is having a hard time not talking to Liam. But, I'm sure soon exhaustion will settle in and they will all be sound asleep.
As for me, I can tell people are praying for me because I have had a great day! Today is by far the best I have felt since my morning sickness has set in. Praise the Lord! He surely does give us the strength that we need just when we need it! We plan to get a good night's sleep tonight, then have a bit of a relaxing morning and then head on out for the rest of the trip. With stops, we should have about a 5 hour trip tomorrow, which isn't that bad.
So, there was our day! I enjoy family road trips like this (although I HATE the packing for it!) and am cherishing these times we have together as a family. I know that all too soon the kids will be grown and I will be missing these times.
Oh, one fun thing that kept me entertained most of the day was figuring out our new GPS that we got. We have been wanting one for a while, and finally got one today and I enjoyed playing around with it. Although it does kinda weird me out that someone, somewhere, can know EXACTLY where I am. Hmmm....
Anyways, that's all for now! Have a wonderful night! Until next time...
1 comment:
loved the pictures on facebook.
Post a Comment