Saturday, July 2, 2011

Our Little Leila-Girl

Well, it happened.  Last Sunday, June 26, our little Leila-girl turned three. Three!  Did you hear me?  She is three!  I just can't believe it!  Where in the world does the time go?

Leila, Mommy and Daddy just can't believe you are already three years old.  It truly does seem like just yesterday that you were born.  I remember when we found out you were on the way.  We were so excited! Liam was going to have a little brother or sister!  You were very good to mommy for most of the pregnancy.  Until the end when I felt like you were NEVER going to come (even though you did come right on time - on your due date just like your brother and sister!).  You Aunt Amanda came about a month before you were born to help Mommy and to be here when you were born.  I can remember Manda, Daddy, and I walking and walking several times a day trying to get you to come.  We were so excited to see you and hold you!
Finally, on June 26, you made your appearance.  You came much quicker than your brother (and a little easier too!).  We didn't know beforehand if you were a boy or a girl.  Honestly, I didn't know how much I would love having a daughter until I laid eyes on you.  When you came and they announced that you were a girl, Daddy and I just started crying!  A daughter!  How wonderful!  It was then that we revealed the name we had picked out - Leila Claire.  Your middle name is after your Aunt Amanda.  I think she was surprised and pleased when we told her your name!
I can tell you that it took Daddy all of 2 seconds to have have you deeply burrowed into his heart.  After we moved rooms and Mommy fell asleep, Daddy held you for the next 4 hours just talking to you, telling you all about how much he loves you and his "rules" for dating!  Ha!
From the day we brought you home you have showed your independent spirit and a little bit of stubbornness.  You like things your way and in your time.  Even at the age of one you were particular about things like which shoes you wore and what clothes we put on you!  Your quite the little girl, but not overly frilly - just how we like it!
You started talking ALOT and very early.  You pretty much still talk all day.  And you say the cutest things and are constantly asking questions about anything and everything.  You've never been much of a snuggler, except with certain privileged people like your Grammy.
Now that you are three, I can see you growing up so much!  You love everything Strawberry Shortcake and Curious George.  You don't really like me to fix your hair, but sometimes you ask me to fix it into "cupcakes" or even in "apples."  I'm not really sure what you mean by that, but I put it up and hope that is what you meant!  Haha!
You are really starting to learn things like counting, your ABC's, and even a few Bible verses.  You love to sing and will make up songs about what you see and are doing all the time.  You love to play with your big brother, and love to tease him even more.  You don't like Libby to touch anything of yours and you have made it your mission to make sure she is always doing what is right.  If she isn't, you are quick to correct her and to let me or Daddy know.
You are such a beautiful little girl and Daddy and I are so privileged to have you as our daughter.  We love you so much, Leila-girl and love your spirit, your excitement, and how you either run or hop everywhere you go!  Happy birthday, Sweet Pea.  We love you so much!

















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww! what a sweet tribute to your and our little Leila! Tell her how much MiMi and Papa love her! The one thing you did not mention was her smile - that smile can brighten any day. Atleast it does mine!!!!

Wendy said...

I've always loved that photos of her in the polka dot dress :) She sounds like Josiah...independent with a stubborn streak :) Happy Birthday to Leila!!