Now that Liam is a big 'ole kindergartner, he suddenly has become quite the grown up. He is always saying things like, "When I was three years old, I used to like the number 5." So I asked him what his current favorite number is. Last time I asked him that it was 156. Well, apparently now it is 3004. Think he's gonna be a bit random, like his mommy, I dare say! He is loving school and gets so excited when they go over something new. Like telling time. He is so proud that he can tell us what time it is by looking at the clock (and not just the digital clocks, mind you.) Except I am trying to get across to him that we don't say "6:34 o'clock, just 6:34. But you can say 'o'clock' when it is on the hour like 1o'clock, etc." He's not quite gotten that part yet, probably because I am having a hard time explaining it clearly to him. I am realizing how much "stuff" I know that I take for granted how I know it. But now having to try to explain it all to my kids is making me really think! That's good for me in my "old" age!
Libby has recently discovered her will power and attempts to use that power as often as she can. She is showing us how strong of a will she has and it seems to be the strongest of the three! But she also knows that she is stinkin' cute and when we are correcting her she will look at us with her BIG blue eyes and smile very cute and even attempt to snuggle up to you. I have to admit that sometimes we crack up laughing because we can't help it! She is definitely into climbing and getting into everything. I repeat, EVERYTHING! I don't know how many times a day I take a pen or marker out of her hand or some food item she got a hold of or something that she is not supposed to have. She loves to rip the toilet paper into tiny pieces and sprinkle them all on the floor, and the toilet water is a source of entertainment too! She sure keeps us on our toes!
| She LOVES this turtle thing that plays music! |
We recently converted her crib into a toddler bed. I wasn't really ready to do this, but we decided it was necessary since she is getting heavy (weighs as much or even more than Leila!) and its hard for me to lift her. We have always just gone from the crib straight to a twin, but this time tried out taking the side off the crib and making it a toddler bed. She's done pretty good - only gotten out a couple times when she wasn't supposed to. But soon enough we are going to switch everything around and the girls will get the bunk beds and the crib will be moved to Liam's room (I think that's how we are going to do it!).
We eventually plan to build two rooms in our basement (it is a finished basement, just no legal bedrooms) for Liam and Leila, but that is a bit down the road. So we will all be one big happy family crammed into three rooms all on one side of the house. But that is fine with me! Many people make due with MUCH less. I love to watch house hunting shows on tv, but it always amazes me how much space people "need." I mean, I've seen couples who have ONE baby and suddenly decide that their 2 bedroom house is too small so they go buy a 5 bedroom house! I mean, c'mon! I guess if you have the money than go for it, but don't sit there and say that you "need" to have all those rooms!
| Excited about the "new" bed! |
Okay. Sorry. Got a little worked up there! Anyways, the kids are keeping us busy but constantly entertaining us as well! Sometimes I think to myself how I am going to handle 4 kids, but then quickly remind myself that many, many other women have and are handling even more, and that it will be okay. Probably a time of adjustment just as any child added to the family is. But I am getting more and more excited every day to meet this little girl.
So, I guess that's all for now. Didn't really have anything important to say, just want to blog tonight, so this is what you got! Have a great weekend and enjoy that extra hour of sleep Sat. night!
Until next time...

No comments:
Post a Comment