So, life is busy, right? Ya. I'm sure that's and understatement for most of us. Anyways, since you are busy, and I'm busy, I will attempt to update you one our livesasquickly as possible.
Lexi is now 12 weeks old. She is sleeping around 7 hours a night which means so am I. I tell you, it makes you feel like a completely new person when you get some sleep. she is growing fast and now has those adorable chubby cheeks that are just so kissable. She smiles all the time and even tries to giggle. Love it! She is cooing a bit too. I love this stage - when they are becoming more aware of their surroundings. The kids are still enamored with her and still want to help me with her. Liam will talk with her when she is fussy and I am busy with something. Leila helps me with her baths and even helps feed her. Libby is my little "gopher" and is lays running for diapers, wipes, etc. I really do love having kids close in age and how they love each other. Oh, we have our times of fighting and pestering, but they really do get along most of the time.
Libby is really growing up. She is talking more and more and using whole sentences rather than just one or two words. She is a goofy kid who I can a,ready tell is gonna be the class clown and is a huge tease! We got rid of her pacifier about a month ago and it has gone pretty good. My kids all seem to get quite attached to those things, so it is always interesting how they react when we toss them out. With Liam, it was super easy. He was 2 1/2 and we just threw them away, told him he was a big boy, and that was it. No crying or anything. For reasons I don't even know, I waited until Leila was older than 3 years old when we got rid of hers. She cried a little bit for them, but only for a night or so. But Libby, well she was a little harder. She cried for many nights for it, but finally is better and hasn't even mentioned it some time now. I am a believer in doing things like this cold turkey - kinda the ripping a bandaid off theory. Anyways, we are through that and the next big thing is potty training. She is starting to show signs of being ready, but I want to be sure before we start. The first two were so easy to train, so we will we how it goes with Libby! I think we will start the end of May or June.
Leila, as usual is my constant companion. She quite literally is almost always right at my side. Some days that is very wearing, but I really do love how she loves to be wit her mommy. She helps me cook and bake, clean, etc. she is staring to ask about starting school, which we will start in August. Someone please tell me when I became old enough to have 2 kids old enough to be in school? Wow! Still not sure how I will juggle two homeschooling kids and two active toddles. But we will figure it out!
Liam is busy with school learning all his special sounds and math combinations. He is reading very well, and writing great too! We still have about 26 days of school left, and I find myself already looking forward to summer break! He is still talking a lot about Christ and how He died for us. We are not pushing anything on him, and wanting him to make the decision for salvation in his own time.
Matt is doing well and keeping busy with church. We had a beautiful Good Friday service last night. It was a candlelight Lords Supper service and was very worshipful and moving. The singing was sweet and the testimonys so open and honoring to God. tomorrow for Easter we are having a sunrise service followed by breakfast, then a special morning service. Really looking forward to that! For those of you golf lovers it is the Masters tournament this week, which is an exciting time in this house! Fishing season opened today, so he's excited about getting out with a man in our church and catching some fish. We are also making plans for our gareden this year. Hopefully it will be a better one this year! Last year no one around here had a much success with their gardens.
I am doing well. Feeling pretty good now that's am getting more sleep. This past week my best bud Teresa was here and it was so, so nice to have he visit. Last time we saw eac other was four years ago at this time when I was pregnant with Leila. We talk on the phone as often as we can. It was so nice to just sit and chat. You may remember us praying for her sister, Amy Bixby, who passed away last August from cancer. It was nice for us to chat and reminisce about Amy. Teresa left this morning. My kids loved her and already told me they miss her!
Our weather is still pretty cold, and we are due for some snow tonight and tomorrow. Snow for Easter? Why not! Guess we will put off the Easter egg hunt until later!
Well, I suppose that is it for now! Hope everyone out in blogging land is doing well, and enjoying their spring. Have a wonderful Easter Sunday celebrating our risen Saviour!
Until next time....
No comments:
Post a Comment