Because of the weather, we have been inside. A lot. And going crazy. So today, when the sun was shining and it wasn't wet we took advantage of it and played outside. Yay for burning off some energy!
Speaking of being outside, we are trying to teach Liam to ride his bike. Yes, he still doesn't know how to ride it - even with the training wheels. But we will keep trying, and I know he will get it. Someday. I didn't even learn until I was like 10! (Not for lack of trying on my dad and brothers' part!)
Libby has now been potty training for a week and a half. Everything was going great until Monday. And she seemed to forget everything and we had many, many messes. But since then she has done much better and it is all great again. Only one accident in two days. Good job Libby!
I've joined a fitness challenge group started by one of my friends on Facebook. I've never been one to be able to do any major workouts due to my issues with my back, but I am doing some exercising on my elliptical, stationary bike, and yoga. Its hard for me and I have to take it slowly, but I am enjoying it. My goal is to gain more energy and maybe lose a little of the "extra" inches that have accumulated around my belly area. Having 4 kids sorta does that to you.
Part of the challenge is to drink lots and lots of water. I don't love water, so I have to force myself to drink it. I have a water bottle that I fill up and drink and fill up again. Its actually going pretty good. And I'm getting lots of energy from all my trips to the restroom! Ha! Also, we are to try to cut out sugar. So I have. Which isn't too hard since I don't generally have a sweet tooth. But it is hard when I am giving Libby her three M&Ms after she goes on the potty. For some reason, it is SO tempting to just pop on or two in my mouth too. But I have restrained myself.
In drinking all this water, I have stopped drinking pretty much everything else except occasionally some pink lemonade. I'm used to having some caffeine so I think I my body is missing it some. I had a HORRIBLE headache yesterday. But it is much better today.
Lexi has decided that she loves me so much, she wants to see me at 2 a.m., 4 a.m., and 6a.m. I am trying to talk her out of that.
For the first time in as long as I can remember, I am actually caught up on laundry. I actually may not have to do any tomorrow. Miracles do happen!
In the past week, I have been informed that two young couples in our church are moving. The Lord is moving them on. I am very happy for them, but a little sad at the same time. We are a small church, so it is always sad to see people leave. But, God is bringing new families here as well, which is exciting to see.
In just about two weeks, we will be ordering school books for not only Liam, but also Leila. I cannot believe I will have two kids in school!
Monday is Matt's and mine 7th anniversary. We've had 7 wonderful years together. I plan to post more on this later.
That's all for now!
Until next time....
1 comment:
Hope you guys have a great anniversary!!
Post a Comment