expect? Haha. I really, truly thought that after we were finished at church and were looking for another ministry that our lives would be really relaxed and quiet. Ha. Ya right.
We recently spent about ten days inNew Hampshire visiting some of my family. It was
a really nice time with lots of adventures. All of which included an emergency dental procedure for my brother which involved my sister and I picking up a total stranger at 9:00 on a Sunday night and driving him to his dentist office about twenty minutes away. Now why would we have to pick up the dentist you may be asking instead of him driving himself? Well, because he has gotten two DUIs in the past six ,oaths and has his license suspended. Duh! Ya, that was an adventure!
While we were there, we celebrated my niece, Evie's birthday. She turned four and like my own girls, really likes Hello Kitty. So, as part of her gift, Matt made Hello Kitty cupcakes for her. Look for a picture in an upcoming Scenic Saturday!
Also while we were there, Matt and Andrew got to live out one of the things on their bucket list. They were able to be spectators at a PGA tournament. And they had the time of their lives. They got to see Tiger, Phil, Ricky, Web, and all those others. I am so glad that they were able to do that.
Matt left early, early this morning to go to Alberta to visit the church. He has a busy weekend and we are praying that maybe this will become clear if this is where we are to go.
School is going well so far. It is definitely more tricky having two in school and two not. And Leila doesn't always seem to want to sit still for a whole class, but we are working on it.
I think it safe to say that Fall is definitely trying to push its way in. Our evenings and mornings are so wonderfully cool and refreshing. I am loving haing the windows open and feeling the breeze. The only thing missing is the smell of Fall. I can't wait for that! I love, love, love Fall. My favorite!
Last night, in her prayer before bed, Leila prayed for all those "in Canada, the Americans, and the French people.". I thought it was pretty cute.
Lexi has decided to start this fun game. It's called, let's start waking Mommy up about three times a night. I have no idea what the deal is, but she stopped sleeping through the night. But, I guess we will figure it out. Hopefully.
My surgery is going to this coming Wednesday. I'm glad cuz I want it to be over and we can get on with the recovery and such. My parents are coming in on Sunday to help and be here during the surgery. We are all very excited to see them.
Did I mention Matt is away? I really miss him. Is it Monday night yet?
Lexi is unofficially officially crawling. She gets up on all fours, rocks back and forth , then slides down to her belly and does an army crawl type thing. It's pretty cute to watch. And. The most exciting thing is...... She now says "Mama.". Yay!!! Finally.
Guess that's it!
Until next time!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment