Sunday, October 28, 2012

Okay. So, Here's the Scoop....

Well, we went out to Alberta and have come back again.  It was a great trip.  It started with a very loooooooong day of travel.  We left our house at about 9a.m. And after two and a half hours on the road, six and a half hours on a plane, another hour on the road, and a three hour time difference, we finally got to our destination - completely exhausted.  By the time we went to bed, it was about three in the morning our time.

The next day we got up, met with a local bank, then headed out to look at houses.  We saw five that day and found one we really liked.  The next day was the "big" day when Matt had his final meeting. The church we have been looking at is a part of the Associated Gospel Churches (AGC) here in Canada.  A requirement with the AGC is that a pastor has to have an interview with other pastors from AGC churches.  It's a time where they question the candidate about his beliefs, doctrine, philosophy of ministry, etc.  I suppose it's very similar to an ordination council, except that it isn't these men confirming your calling to preach, just confirming that you wold be a right fit in the church.  Anyways, this meeting lasted from about 10 a.m. until 1:30 p.m.  I was out with the pastors wife and one of the deacons wives getting lunch ready during much of this.

As I knew he would, Matt did very well and the pastors were all very impressed (many of them told me this personally).  After lunch we looked at more houses and found another one we liked.  The next day (Saturday) there was a ladies brunch at the church where I was able to meet a lot of the ladies.  I had a great time.  Each night we ate at different houses of church members.  Sunday morning Matt preached for the service.  Then we had lunch at church then headed with a group to a retirement centre where they go every five or six weeks and hold a service.  That night we went out to eat with a couple in the church and had some wonderful fellowship.  It was great.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time, but was very ready to see my kids!  I think they missed us too.  The first whole day I was home Liam kept coming up to me and hugging me and holding my hand.  Aww!

So, as for the church - I loved it.  I felt very at home there and definitely saw the ministry we could have there.  Both Matt and I agree that we still feel this is where God wants us.  All that is left is the official church vote which will occur this Thursday, November 1.  As far as we can tell, and for what we have been told, it is expected that we will be voted in and asked to come on staff.  We have not sold our house yet, so that is the only thing that will be holding us here.

Please pray for us.  Pray that our house will sell.  Pray that we will find the exact house for us.  There are a total of three that we liked, but can't make a move on anything until this house is sold.  We do have a showing on Tuesday as well as an open house on Saturday.  Pray for our move.  In case you did t know this, Alberta is VERY far from New Brunswick.  Almost across the country!  Because of that, it's a big deal moving so we are trying the least expensive way to do this.  We are going to sell most of our furniture and lots of other stuff.  Whatever won't fit into two small uhaul trailers isn't going with us.  Pray that the move will go well.  We will be moving - during the winter.  In Canada.  Pray for safety.  Pray for our children as this is going to be a big adjustment for them.  Well, for all of us. Pray for me as I am still recovering from my surgery. I still am not allowed to move my shoulder. I do see the surgeon on Tuesday and will start physical therapy then as well.  But I am looking at weeks of therapy.  So that will definitely add a little fun to the mixture!

We are very excited for where God is directing our lives. It's not been an easy few months, but we have seen God work and provide in such amazing ways.  It truly is wonderful to be right where God wants you!  No better place on earth I would rather be!  Check back in on Friday if you care to know what the official "verdict" is from the church! :-). There is always the chance they could say no!

No comments: