Sunday, November 11, 2012

Are You Selling Us?

So, my days are so busy with packing, selling, organizing, etc. that I hardly have time for pleasures like blogging!  It's so crazy to think that in just over two weeks we will be pulling out of here and driving across the country to our new dwelling place!  I have been feeling quite overwhelmed with everything, but I am just trying to take it one day at a time.  Our house is looking less and less "homey."  One of our couches is gone.  The girls' dressers are gone. The dining room chairs are gone.  My living room lamps are gone.  All sold and in someone else's house. We have more furniture and various items leaving tomorrow.  The kids get nervous a out me selling their clothes, their toys, or even them! Ha!  Whenever I am getting ready to sell something,  take a picture of it, then post it online.  It's crazy because often within just a minute or two I start get inquiries and offers on stuff. I thine will spend the next hour or hours dealing with prices, meeting times, etc.

Well, Matt had taken a cute picture of the kids the other day.  I was emailing it to my mom when Leila came up, so me looking at it on the computer and asked, "Are you going to sell us, Mommy?"  I just hugged her and assured her I would never do that.

With all this going on, the kids are really sensing the changes coming.  They know we are moving to Alberta (or "Alaberta" as Leila calls calls it.), but they don't really know what that means.  They think we are just going on a big trip.  They will ask if they can take such-and-such with them.  But we have also been having a lot more attitude and obedience issues.  It is a stressful time, and the kids feel it too.  I will be very glad when this part is over and we can begin settling into our new life out west.

Our house still has not sold.  We have another open house this Friday.  Praying, praying something comes of that, if not before.  We have a few possibilities of places to rent out there.  One is actually a house that Matt and I looked at when we were out there and I really liked.  But, we can't buy until we sell our house.  But, the house is sitting there empty and the owners have been contacted and are willing to rent it to us for a few months.  We are just waiting to hear how much rent would be.  But we will see!

So, that's basically what we are up to.  Matt's leaving on Wednesday to go up to northern Quebec again to speak at a conference among the Cree.  The kids and I aren't going for several reasons.  One is that it is the north, and it's gonna be cold.  And its a good 12 or 13 hours drive one way.  And we are getting ready to drive 50 hours across Canada and the USA.  So we are staying at Matt's parents house with my mother-in-law.  Matt will be gone until Monday, then, Tuesday morning we have family pics, then we head out to go to New Hampshire for American Thanksgiving.  Then we will come home, meet up with the truck that is taking our things, then off we go on our new adventure!  So, I may not be posting too much, but will try to when I can, as I know you all are just dying to know what's going on with the Sealys!

So, until next time.....

No comments: