Friday, February 1, 2013

Random Thursday

Due to surgery, moving, and holiday traveling, we are a wee bit behind in school.  I was going to catch up by having the kids do on Saturdays.  But that ain't happening.  It's a chore to keep Leila still long enough to do school each day, that I simply don't want to deal with it more than five days a week.  And with Liam being in Grade 1, his workload is about double what it was in kindergarten, so it takes a lot longer each day.  And I can see that he needs the break on Saturdays, too. So, I guess we won't be done begin of May like we were last year.  I hate going to the end of May, or even into June.  I like my summers, and the kids need it.  Maybe we won't take a spring break.

Along the lines of homeschooling, I wonder.  Am I the only mother who is constantly dealing with pencils?  I mean, every day we are dealing with either finding them, or sharpening them, or something.  It drives me crazy!  I hate pencils!  Can't I just let them use pens?

Since we bought our couches a few weeks ago, I have wanted to buy the spray protect ant that repels liquids and stuff.  Well, today, Matt went to the furniture store to get it.  And came back with a "man chair."  He has been wanting one for a long time.  Well, today he found one in the clearance section.  Like $700 off clearance.  So, he got it.  It is actually a very comfy chair.  So he's happy.  I'm happy he's happy.  We are all happy.
Enjoying the new chair.
I don't want to complain too much, but it's been, well, cold.  And then it will get somewhat warm.  And then it will get freezing.  Like last Friday.  We went out shopping and running errands and I only needed to wear a hoodie.  Then, this Monday and Tuesday it was freezing.  As in, a high of -17 Fahrenheit.  I didn't go anywhere those days.  Way too cold.  Our house is relatively warm, unless you are near a window.  Then you feel a breeze and can see the 1/4 inch thick layer of ice on the inside of the window.  Nice.....

Last week we had birthday central here.  Libby turned three and Lexi turned one.  Wow.  Cannot believe it!  I plan to post pics and more about that in the very near future.

Ice the other morning on our
dining room window.
Speaking of Libby, she has yet to draw on any walls in this house.  Woohoo!  We may be making progress in that area!  Also, she had her very first haircut last week.  She did really well sitting there so still.  And I love her cute cut now. It's short - about to her chin.  But so much easier to deal with!

Lexi is not walking yet but so close.  She will take one or two steps then go to her knees.  I'm not in any hurry, though.  She is busy enough now, let alone when she can walk around!  Oy.  My life is gonna get even busier.

Doing a good job sitting still.
Speaking of Lexi, she still does not sleep through the night.  She has never slept through the night.  I'm pretty much clueless as to what to do.  I was stressing out about it because I was so exhausted and needed my sleep.  I've tried lots of things, even resorting to some old wives tales to see if they worked.  So far, nothing.  I tried the crying it out thing like I've done successfully with my other kids.  But that was not working for her.  I did changer a few things that seem to be helping some, so I'm crossing my fingers hoping this works.  One thing is I changed her to goats milk.  Cows milk didn't seem to be treating her well.  I also give her probiotics every day.  I give the other kids probiotics, but I hadn't gotten any for her yet.  But since I started them this week, she is sleeping better!  She used to wake up two times each night, and each time for half an hour or more..  The past three nights its been only once, and only for about five minutes.  Again, I'm not holding my breathe - yet.  But I sure need more sleep.  Seriously!

Tomorrow I have an appointment with a chiropractor.  I'm so glad - I really need to see one.  When I am going regularly, I don't have hardly any headaches or S much trouble with my back. But I haven't been to one since before we moved, and I have been having several headaches a week lately and it has been hard.  Can't do all the housework and keep patience with the kids when my head and neck or screaming at me.  So I'm am looking forward to this appointment tomorrow!

Well, I know there was more I wanted to say, but can't think of it right now.  Better get to bed and catch what sleep I can!

Until next time...

No comments: