So anyways, on to what's been going on. We have been busy with our lives here in Alberta. Church is going well - Matt's busy with youth group and the young families. This past Sunday we started a new Sunday school class for young families and had 9 come out for it. We are excited because that is more than we were expecting!
I had a birthday a few weeks ago. The big 31! Whoa! When did that happen? I tell people in my mind I am still about 21 years old. Then I realize how tired and sleepy I am and remember that I am no longer in my 20's. Bummer.
For my birthday, Matt took me away for a night in the mountains. We stayed in a resort "hotel" type thing and it was beautiful. We had a suite that was absolutely beautiful! It had a full kitchen, two bathrooms, two bedrooms, a fireplace, and washer/dryer. Very cool. Definitely will be going back to that place again! It was a nice relaxing day/night and was nice to have a night off of "mommy duties." Some friends from the church here stayed with the kids and they did great. Except Lexi kept them up a bit at night. But that is nothing new!
The kids are good. Mostly healthy, for now. Libby and Lexi are fighting colds, but nothing too terrible. Liam and Leila are still plugging away at school. We aren't taking any more days off (at least not planned ones) in order to finish the first week of June. I am NOT a fan of school way into summer. I need the break and I think the kids really need it too. They need to just be kids and go outside and play (if it ever gets warm and stays warm!).
The weather hasn't been too bad. We seem to hover around 30-40 degrees during the day and go below freezing at night. We did get several inches of snow over the weekend. I love winter but I have to admit, I am starting to crave some warmth a little bit. And playing at the park. We have one just around the corner from us, but have only gone once since its not that fun when most everything is covered halfway or more in snow.
Some other things that have been going on will be easier to explain through pictures. Here we go....
Lexi is learning to drive...
For Duct Tape night at youth, Matt made this handbag out of duct tape...
We are all enjoying the comfy new recliner we got on clearance....
We've been sporting our new Calgary Flames shirts...
We played in the snow at church Family day....
Some of us like to get into Mommy's baking supplies and eat chocolate squares...
Sometimes we get some wildlife visitors down our street...
Matt, Libby, Uncle Sean, and Cousin Charlie went to
West Edmonton Mall (similar to Mall of America) while rest of us were home sick...
![]() |
| This is a hurricane machine |
![]() |
| Do you think they have enough tickets? |
![]() |
| Watching the penguins (the animals, not the hockey team. Ha!)! |
Matt and I got a picture of ourselves - first one in, well, a long time!
I got to see the BEAUTIFUL Rockies! I love me some mountains!
Liam had a few lines in a kids program at church. He did great!
Leila learned how to take pictures on my iPad.
Batman, Spiderman, and a Storm Trooper(I think?) came to dwell with us.
On nice days we go outside and play with the neighbor kids....
Libby likes to eat spoonfuls of sugar....
And draw on herself with blue marker during the night...
So, yes. We are busy. But having a great time!
Until next time....


















No comments:
Post a Comment