Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The First Post

So, here we are - entering this new phase of technology. After much consideration, we decided that this was the best way to keep family and friends up to date on our exciting, everyday lives, as well as keeping up with pictures of our adorable children! As our title implies, here is our story.

Being new at this blogging thing, I am running into somewhat of a "writer's block" you might say. For anyone who knows me, this is unusual, since I love to talk and write. But now, thinking that you all will be reading this, probably hoping for some interesting news, I don't know what to say! Hopefully this is a phase and will pass quickly!

Therefore, I will just update you quickly on our day, and then maybe, the following posts will be more interesting!

I have been home a lot recently, mainly because the kids have been sick. Not too terribly sick - Liam had a small cough and a very runny nose, and Leila was all stuffed up. So I have been home. I did not go to church on Sunday, not wanting to spread whatever it was they had to everyone at church. So, yesterday, I was dying to get out of the house. Mondays are usually Matt's day off, and our day to go grocery shopping. We have found that there are certain things that are much cheaper across the border in Houlton, Maine, so we went over there and did our groceries. It is only about a 20 minute drive, and it is worth it to save a few dollars. We fill up the van on gas because we can save about $15 or more. Plus, a gallon of milk costs about $3 less. So that was yesterday!

Today, we were home, a bit tired. The kids are getting better, but now both Matt and I have headaches and are tired. Matt is busy studying and preparing for our Vacation Bible School coming up the third week of August. In two weeks, Matt is the speaker for a Christian camp here in New Brunswick, so he is getting ready for that as well. I stay busy with cleaning, cooking, and of course, the kids. So far, going from one to two children has not been too hard, but then again, really all Leila does is eat, sleep, and poop. So that is not too difficult to deal with!

Well, now that I look back at my post, I see that my not having anything to say has taken up several paragraghs! So I will go for now. I hope that you all enjoy our blog. I will probably update it a couple times a week, so check it often! I will post a few pictures if I can figure out how! I am still learning how to use this thing! Love to you all! (by the way, this was Emily writing this post! :-) )

No comments: