Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Busy, busy, busy. Oh, did I mention that we are busy?

As the title suggests, we are, and have been, very busy lately. As you know, last week we were at Hampton Bible Camp. I was both looking forward and not looking forward to that week. I was excited about it because I just love the camp ministry, and I was looking forward to being on a different side of the ministry as the speaker's wife. I was not excited about the week because I new it would be a little hard with the kids and keeping Liam occupied and out of the way.

Well, camp started on Sunday night, so after church Sunday morning, we rushed home, packed the last of the things in the car, and headed about 3 hours from here past St. John, New Brunswick. It was a pretty drive and I got to see a part of the province I have never seen before. The kids, as usual, travelled great with no problems. We got there just as they were finishing supper and Matt hit the ground running from there. It is a smaller camp - there were only about 30 teens there that week. It was sad because many of the children came from foster homes and such. You could just see the hurt and pain that they have experienced in their eyes, as well as their craving for attention. Many of them really attached themselves to Matt.

The week was going great except for the fact that the main program director was not able to be there due to hurting his back the week before. So his brother took over, but was not too experienced at that. Plus, it rained almost all day the first three days, so a lot of their game plans were messed up. But, that did not stop God from working. We knew of 5 kids there that were not saved, and all made decisions to accept Christ! By the end of the week, all but three teens stood and made a decision to stand for Christ. Praise the Lord!

On Wednesday of that week, we drove back toward home to a city called Fredericton to meet up with Matt's parents and his brother and wife, Chris and Michelle. Chris and Michelle live in Edmonton, Alberta, and do not make it out here very often. Actually, I had just met Chris last August, but had never met Michelle. Chris came out on business, and brought Michelle with him so she and I could meet. So, we spent the day with them, and then Matt went back to camp and the kids and I came home so we could spend more time with Aunt Michelle and Uncle Chris. It was a fun time, and I really enjoyed getting to know Michelle. I just hope it is not too long before we see each other again!

Matt came home on Friday afternoon, and again, hit the ground running getting ready for our church Vacation Bible School which we are having this week. The weekend flew by, and now we are in the middle of our week.

VBS is going well. On our first day we had 20 children, which is several more than we were hoping for. It is so fun to see the kids get excited about singing and memorizing verses, and bringing lots of pennies so that their team gets points. We are doing an Olympic theme, which is a lot of fun. Liam is loving watching everything!

The kids are doing very well. I think everyday Liam says something new. He is starting to really talk in sentences now. Some of his new things he says are: "It's so cute!" "Oh my goodness!" and "Ready, set, go!" He also is starting to actually sing. He can sing the Alphabet song and he even sings the right notes. It is really cute to hear. Oh, and yesterday while he was eating lunch, he just broke out in song and started singing "The Lord's Army" song. He sings most of the words! And of course, he is always either counting or saying his ABC's. The new "game" he likes to play is, when I give him his crayons and some paper, he hands me a crayon and the paper, and says a letter, and then just stares at me, waiting for me to write it down. It is fun for both of us, and through this, he is starting to recognize his letters! I am excited because this is our first step in me teaching him how to read! Yeah!

Leila is just growing and growing. She is getting so long, and now has that cute double chin and chubby cheeks. She smiles alot, expecially at her daddy, and is starting to "talk." Just the other day I had to go through her clothes and put away her newborn and 0-3 month clothes. They just don't fit. We are well into 3 month clothing now. She is sleeping longer and longer, and has already dropped one night feeding, but not the one I want! She has dropped her midnight feeding, and I want her to drop the 3 a.m. feeding, so this week I am working on trying to change that!

Well, I think that is all for now. I hope I didn't brag too much about my kids! I hate it when people go on and on about how wonderful and perfect and "advanced" their kids are. Even if their kids are all that, not everyone wants to hear about it! I just wanted to update all of you on what they are doing now! Please feel free to comment anytime about anything on our blog. Matt and I love to hear what you all think, even if you are just saying hi!

Here are some pics from our recent adventures!

Liam loves music, especially the guitar! He loves for Grampy to play it!
This is what Leila does all during VBS.
Daddy's little girl...

Thinking Daddy is crazy!
Liam's new do - what do ya think?
Here is a short video that I took Tuesday at VBS. I was trying to get the kids singing some of the songs on video, when I looked on stage and saw our little Liam up there, and I just started laughing. I was taking this with our little digital camera, so, again, the quality is not the greatest, but I wanted you to see what Liam was doing! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Em - luv the new look of the blog - very cute and very "you." Liam is so cute in that video!

Anonymous said...

So I realized when I posted that it said from anonymous - just wanted to let you know that it was me :)