Saturday, August 23, 2008

What A Mighty God We Serve

Well, we have finished our week of Vacation Bible School. It was a good week, a busy week, a tiring week. As with any time you plan a big program like VBS, you never know what to expect, and we did not. We were hoping to get at least 15 children there the first week, and we had 20! That was so exciting! and the numbers went up from there. Our little church, who does not even have a Sunday school for children because we have no children besides Liam and another 6 month old, saw 31 kids come out to VBS this week! Five of them accepted Christ as their Savior, as well as the babysitter of three of the children who came to our closing ceremonies Friday night. That makes it all worth it!
The kids were, for the most part, very well behaved, besides two of the youngest who seemed to "have to go to the bathroom" every 5 minutes. You think I am exaggerating, but I am not! The workers were constantly chasing them out of the bathrooms! They would go in there just so they could get up from their seats, I think!
As I said before, you just never know what to expect. We dealt with everything from rain, to extreme heat, to severe food allergies, to lice. Yes, you read that right - LICE!!!! AHHHHH! Two little girls came the first day, and did not come the second because they found they had lice! So far, we have not found any of us with it, thank goodness! The church has gotten a good cleaning, though! I think all of us leaders are a little paranoid, because we keep thinking our heads are itchy, when really they are not any more itchy than before.
We really enjoyed having VBS, and are now looking to start a Sunday school with some of these kids. Please pray that the parents will be willing to bring their children to Sunday school! WE plan to start with a kick-off rally the end of September.
Thursday night we had our final youth rally of the summer. Now we are taking a few weeks off before starting it up again. Matt made sure the meeting was memorable. I will post some pictures tomorrow and you wil see just he made it memorable!
As for us, the Sealys, we are very tired. So we just took this day to rest and relax. I think Leila had had enough because she did not sleep much last night which means I did not either! Oh well. Such is the life of a mommy!
Well, I am off to bed! I am quite tired, so, if this post does not flow well or make any sense at all, that is why! That's my story and I am sticking to it!

1 comment:

Matthew & Sheila said...

Hi there!
Nice new background, very cute! I love the pictures and updates! I'm hanging in there, 4 more days till due date, hopefully I won't go over.
Miss you all!