Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I Just Can't Help But Praise My Jesus

Greetings! I trust all reading this are having a wonderful week! We certainly are! Our Sunday was a good day. I don't know about you all, but I just love to go to church, and I especially love our church! You probably won't find too many churches that are more friendly. It does not matter if this is your first time or 200th, everyone gets greeted and either their hand shaken, or hugged! I am thankful for this church that God has called us to. They welcomed us here last year with open arms and have taken very good care of us. We are not a big church at all, and we do not have all the talents nor wealth that many other churches may have, but we do have the same Lord that we love, and love to worship!

One thing that I love about our church, besides the people, is when we sing. Most of us have average singing capabilities, but I know that when we sing, the Lord is pleased to hear our joyful noise! As I have said before, we have a piano player who does well, only he plays by ear, so newer songs are harder for him to learn. But we do have several guitar players. Often, they will bring their guitars to church, and after the evening service they will pull them out and those who want to will gather and sing hymns - often the old hymns of the faith. I love it when this happens! It is always so encouraging and everyone leaves church with their spirits truly refreshed and energized from a time of worshipping the Lord. If you have never done this, or have not done so in a while, I encourage you to get together with other believers and just sing and praise your God. I guarantee it will be so uplifting!

Well, this last Sunday night that is exactly what happened. And I had my camera so Matt got some footage of us singing. I just thought I would share it with you all. We are not the best singers, but everyone there was having a wonderful time! The man in the front is my father-in-law, the man sitting down is a man named James, who is just learning the guitar. The man standing in the background is named Floyd. His wife attends our church regularly, but he is not a believer. But, whenever we do something like this, he always shows up. Please pray that he will come to know the Lord, maybe even through a time like this!

I titled this post thinking of an elderly lady in our church named Polly. She is a sweet lady, who loves "her Jesus." Almost every Sunday night during the song service we have testimony time, and she stands up almost every service and says, "I just can't help but praise my Jesus!" What a blessing she is to all of us. She spends much of her day reading her Bible. She truly loves her Lord, and it shows in her life, words, and actions. I pray that I would be the same, that I would love my Lord so much that I just can't help but praise Him!

Well, our Labor Day was pretty good - relaxing. We just grilled steaks with my in-laws, and had a restful day. Liam has always loved corn, but yesterday was the first time we gave it to him on the cob. We showed him how to eat it and he went at it. At first he just licked the butter off, then he got the idea to bite, and he had a great time - and really got a lot of it off! He thought this was really fun! It was just too cute - so we took pics of it!

Here is the final product of our work on the missions board.
Our smiling little girl
Liam eating his corn

Here is our time of singing. I am sorry it is so short. I thought Matt took a longer video!

I hope you all have a great week!

No comments: