Friday, August 29, 2008

Looking Back

Well, it is Friday, and yet another week has passed us by. Today was a pretty good day. It started with Matt bringing me breakfast in bed! How sweet! I was pretty tired this morning, so that was a nice start to the day! I sure hope Leila continues to sleep longer and longer at night like she has been doing, because I have been really tired lately. I was trying to remember the last time I slept through the whole night without having to get up - but I can't remember when that was! Oh, well. It is worth having to get up to feed such a precious little girl like Leila!

After we ate breakfast and got ready this morning, Matt, the kids and I went out to Walmart to pick up a few things for our church. Since we moved here, there has been one "minor" thing that we have been wanting to work on at the church, but have not really had the time or creativity to do until now. That "minor" thing is our church missions board. It has been pretty sad looking. No one goes by it to look at the missionary letters or anything because it draws no attention. So, we decided yesterday that it was high time we changed that. Matt has really been trying to emphasize missions, since that is an important part of the church, yet often a much neglected.

So anyway, we worked on that for the majority of the day. We are almost done, and I am quite pleased with it! When it is finished, I will take a picture to show off our creativity, just so long as all the teachers out there are not too critical!

You may have noticed the title to this post. Here is the reason why I titled it that - I have been looking back lately, and thinking things that start with, "I wish I had..." I wish I had listened to my mom when I wanted to quite piano lessons, and she said that someday I will regret that. I do now because we could sure use that in our church. I wish I had paid more attention to my teaching classes and missions classes than I did in college so that doing this missions board would have been a lot simpler to think of an idea. I wish I had, I wish I had. Well, we can look back with what ifs and if only's all we want, but it does not change anything. So all I can do is go from here, do my best at the bulletin boards, etc. God already has filled the gap of the piano player with a man who plays well - by ear, only he travels a lot, so when he is gone, there is a need of a pianist. When we first moved here, they were in great need of a pianist, and I kept thinking I should have kept up with those lessons. Oh well. I guess the best I can do is try to get that point across to my children as my mother tried to do with me. But, they will probably be as stubborn as I am and not see the consequences of not listening to their mother will be.

That is all for now. Here is a short video of our Sweet Pea smiling. She is just too cute for words!
(Oh, and totally disregard my silly mommy voice - but that is how I get her to smile!) Oh, and Amanda, there is something in here for you! ;-)

No comments: