Wednesday, August 27, 2008

News From New Brunswick

Here are some tidbits of news from our neck of the woods...
1. Two couples have reported seeing a black Sasquatch just about 30 mins from here. They swear it was not a bear because they have seen many bears, and this animal was walking around like a human. Looks like we could have a visit from Bigfoot someday!
2. Where oh where did summer go? Our weather has been so strange this year. First, we had the worst winter this area has seen in about 40 years, then it has rained for the majority of the summer, and now, all the leaves are changing and falling off the trees already! You can smell Fall in the air! I am not ready for more winter yet! Although, it is about time to start up the Christmas music, which I did on Sunday! :-)
3. Leila is now 2 months old and weighs a "whopping" 10 lbs. 7 oz. She is now 23 1/4 inches long, which makes her grand total of weight gain 3 1/2 lbs and 4 in. She smiles all the time now, especially at Daddy. He must be really funny looking to her!
4. Liam is talking in sentences. He says things like, "Oh my goodness!" "That's so cute!" "How sweet!" among other things. He sings all the time, and his most favorite song right now is "EIEIO" (or "Old MacDonald" to us.) His favorite animal I think is the "horsey." His favorite show is Curious George, followed by Super Why in a close second. I am getting ready to start "school" with him, working on his letters and numbers each day. He can recognize about 1/4 of the alphabet, so we will work on the other 3/4! He is going to be 2 in a month! Wow!
5. Matt is busy with church, although these next couple of weeks will be a little slower. That will be a nice break. Yesterday, we took 7 of our teens to Moncton (about 3 hours from here). They were the teens who earned the most points this last year during youth group. They earn points for things like coming to youth group and church, bringing friends, saying Bible verses, playing the games like the ones Matt told you about in the previous post, etc. We took them to a place called Magnetic Hill, which has a water park, a zoo, mini golf, and an arcade. Then we took them to the Mall there, which is a BIG deal, since we do not have a mall in our little town. It was fun, yet exhausting. I know we are not that old yet, but we certainly are not 14 years old anymore, which is the age of most of our teenagers.
6. I am busy with the kids, house, and, as always, reading. I still love to read and wish I had more time to do so. I am also preparing lessons for the teen girls. I was not able to help out this last year with youth group as much as I wanted to, due to the fact that I was pregnant and either not feeling well or just too tired. But I plan on being more involved this year. I am excited about getting back into the swing of things there.
7. We are all eagerly awaiting the arrival of the last addition to the Doan family in the year 2008. Andrew and Danielle (well, mostly just Danielle)are going to have their baby any day now, and I am very excited for them. I am currently raising funds to set aside so that Matt, the kids, and I can go down to New Hampshire the second week of September to see them, as well as have Papa (my dad) meet my sweet pea, Leila. Anyone willing to contribute to this fund, please send check or money order to the following address.... Okay just kidding. Don't send money. ;-) I am hoping to go down there in two weeks though. We shall just have to see.
Well, I believe that is all the news from here! I trust everyone is having a great week, and we shall inform you more from our lives again in the near future.

Liam decided that he wants to go back to his old car seat. I don't think he quite fits...
Although he has had ice cream before, he has never had a cone. So here is his very first ever ice cream cone. I know, its exciting!

No comments: