In the post below, I typed out the words to a song (In Christ Alone) that Matt and I recently heard and LOVE. The words are so full of meaning and worship to God. If you were here, you would most likely hear Matt and/or I sing or hum parts of it throughout the day. It is a newer song, that has become quite popular. A lot of the newer praise songs have such shallow meanings, but this is not like that. I added a music playlist to our blog, so if you scroll down a bit you should find it off to the right. If you want, take the time to listen to it. Listen to the words. Doesn't it just fill your heart with praise - make you want to just thank the Lord for the great sacrifice He made for us?
I think that sometimes we get so caught up in our lives that we lose focus of what Christ did. And sometimes what we are caught up in are good things - such as the ministry. It sounds funny to say that, but sometimes we are so busy ministering - whether it be preaching, teaching, raising support for either ourselves as missionaries or for other missionaries, scheduling and then running events at our church, etc. that we forget to stop and meditate on that great Sacrifice and where our strength and hope for the future comes from.
I am so thankful that God has allowed me to grow up in a Christian home, and to have recieved Christ as my Savior at a young age, and to now serve with my husband in a church. I am so thankful that I know where my strength and hope are found. And this song reminds me of it.
We also added a few more songs that we like!
Well, I hope that this finds everyone doing well. We are doing great. Looking forward to what the Lord has in store for us this coming week! Have a wonderful day everyone!
1 comment:
This song is one of me and Stuart's favorites as well. Our camp staff sang it last summer, and each time I heard/sang it was a blessing to me. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment