So, we decided to have Liam get it over with first, and then he could go out and play with the toys. They ask you to stay for 15 mins after the shots, just to be sure everything is okay. The nurse showed Matt how to hold Liam in his lap and hold him still, and then she gave him 2 in his leg, then one in his arm. Oh boy, did he cry and scream! It was really sad. HUGE tears running down his face. But, as soon as he saw his Scooby-Doo band aid (not that he knows who Scooby-Doo is) and then went out to the toys, he was fine. Then I was left to hold Leila. She cried, but really only while the needle was in her. After that, she was fine. The place there has a seperate room for you to go in to feed your baby, which is so nice.
So that was our time yesterday. We are all done - until November! I guess that is all that is exciting with us. Oh, except that we finally got curtains for Leila's room. Once her room was painted, I could not find any curtains that I liked, so we started to look at fabric. We found this great pattern - it is so cute! It is light pink with brown polka dots! Perfect! Then we got a plain brown sheet to add in a stripe for some variety. So my mom-in-law spent all afternoon Monday at my house making them (since I am definitely NOT a seamstress!) They turned out so cute. I will take a picture to show you.
Well, that is all. Until I post again - tata!
I put the following two pics on here so you can see the resemblence between Leila and Liam when he was Leila's age. Sometimes they look so much alike it is kinda weird! Good thing they are both so cute! (and yes, I know that one is already on the blog. Get over it!)

1 comment:
Awwww... no fun! I HATE getting Qade shots. I know that he needs them and they are for his best, but it is hard to see them cry, especially when they look at you like, "Why is this happening to me???" We actually switched Qade's doc over the MMR thing. I had questions/concerns and his other doctor was very condecending and almost rude about it! We ended up taking him later to get it at a clinic near camp, and the nurses there were awesome! They explained things and didn't "pressure" at all which was so nice. Qade didn't get ill at all from the shot, and once he got his lolly pop after the poke, he was fine. :-) Anyway, we take him to a different doc now and she's so much better! You've got to have someone you can trust!
Post a Comment