But, I was still able to get everything done. I made Twice Baked Potatoes, which were yummy, yummy, yummy! Matt put together a pizza dip, I made a yellow cake (and no, it was not from a box! :-) ) Then I had straightening up around the house to do, all the while stopping every three hours to feed Leila. Then I decorated. Liam LOVES Curious George, so that was our theme. We even made the cake to look like the face of a monkey. Actually, I just baked the cake, and Matt frosted it. I think he did a great job. Check out the pictures below!
Everyone came around 6 p.m. and the fun began. Liam loved all the attention and had a great time. After we ate, he opened his presents, which was fun to watch. He would open one, then want to just play with that. So we kept trying to get him to open the next present. It was fun. His gifts were: a puzzle, washable coloring book (very cool!), some winter clothes, some homemade applesauce (which he LOVES!), a bunch more hot wheels cars, and some money. Matt's parents got him a REAL guitar! Liam loves music, and in the next year or so we want to get him into music lessons, and he loves the guitar which his Grampy plays, so this is a really nice one that he will be able to learn on for the next few years. It is a little big for him right now, but it will be perfect for learning on! My parents got him his first bike - a radio flyer tricylce, which he is learning how to ride today. And Matt and I got him a cool Thomas the Train set. All in all I'd say he did pretty good with some great new stuff! Now, I am going to go through his toys and put some old ones away, since he doesn't need a million toys all at once, and we just plain don't have the room for it all!
Well, I will leave you with some pics of the party. I hope everyone's day is going well. Oh, and in case you were wondering, I feel 200 times better today! My headache went away about 5 am this morning. Praise the Lord. I hate it when I feel so bad that I can't take care of my family!
No comments:
Post a Comment