Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Big Move

I finally did it. I moved Leila to her own room. I know, some of you may think "Its about time!" I always said I was only going to keep her in our room until she started sleeping all night without waking up. Well, she is just now kinda doing that. This is kinda new to me, because Liam started sleeping 10 hours at night just before he was 2 month old. Leila is now almost 4 months old. She is waking out of habit. I would just get up and give her the pacifier instead of feed her, which is what I did with Liam. But is isn't seeming to work with her. She wakes up wanting to play - not eat. So, since I am SO tired most of the time, and really, really want more sleep, I moved her out of our room on Sunday night. That night, she slept 10 hours! And almost that much every night since! So, I guess she just knew I was in the room and wanted to talk to me! I am so happy because we all are getting more sleep now. I know Matt is probably happy to have a less cranky wife! :-)
Other than that, our week has been pretty status quo here. This weekend will be busy, though. It is Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday, so we are having a special Praise Service on Sunday, with a potluck meal afterwards. We have pretty good potluck dinners here. I am going to make mom's delicious Refrigerator Rolls. I made them one other time and they were gone in a flash, and everyone loved them!

We had a great time at youth group last night. We had 17 teens show up, which is just great! At the beginning of youth group, we divide up into girls and boys, and have about 30 mins of time for devos and stuff. I love this time with the girls. Most of the girls are 12 or 13, so it kinda makes me feel a little old. They are so giggly and hyper all the time! But it is a fun time to talk and pray together with them.

Liam and Leila are great. Liam is talking so much! He is saying longer sentences like, "I get the ball," "Here you go," "Mommy come here,""Ride in Daddy's car," among other things. He likes to say "Good-bye" to everything. Like when we get out of the car, he looks up to the roof and says, "Good-bye light." Or while driving he says, "Good-bye trees, good-bye cow." And when we get out of the bath, he says, " Good-bye bubbles. Good-bye toys!" It is really cute!

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Below is a video of Leila laughing. Today I just started to kiss her feet, and she thought it was funny. Of course, she was laughing a lot more before Matt got the carema out, but we still got some giggles!

Leila playing with her gym thingy. She is looking at herself in a mirror.
I think she really looks like Liam in this picture!
Liam sporting his new outfit from Aunt Michelle and Uncle Chris.





No comments: