Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Debt Free

Okay, so maybe we are not quite debt free - we do still have two small things called a mortgage and car payment, BUT, as of about an hour ago, we no longer owe any money to the River Valley Hospital in Waterville, New Brunswick!!!!!!!! Praise the Lord! We received our medicare cards in the mail today, and all I had to do was call the hospital, give them my number, and our account is all clear! AND, they are for sure reimbursing us for all that we have already paid. So, in the next week or two, we will be getting a check in the mail for all that we have paid them. I can't tell you how much of a burden that was. And the Lord took care of it all. What a blessing!

So, that is our good news for the day. Everything else here is just fine. The weather seems to have warmed up a bit today - probably in the 60's. We have youth group tonight, which I am excited about. It is "Banana Night" where all the games will involve bananas. It should be fun.
The kids are great. I think Liam got confused with the time change, and was up and wide awake at 6 a.m. this morning. So, I will admit that I did what "they" say you should not do. I got up, put on a Baby Einstein for him, and dozed on the couch for a while longer. I was very tired - did not sleep great last night. My mind would just not shut off for some reason. Anyways, I hope that Liam gets on this new time fast!

Leila has discovered that she has a voice, and that she can make a loud, ear piercing squeal. Apparently she thinks this is fun, because she has literally been squealing almost non-stop for the last three days. I tell you, it is SO LOUD! If you are holding her, it hurts your ears! I tried to get her on tape yesterday, but of course, the second the camera was on, she stopped and just sat there smiling. The little stinker. Matt and I are definitely sure that she is going to be our little feisty child. But she sure is cute! She has been sleeping very well at night for me, for which I am so thankful for. She is also moving to a four-hour feeding schedule, for which I am just as thankful.

In reference to my last post, I am sure most everyone who knows them knows that I was referring to Amy Bixby and her battle with cancer and her pregnancy. In case you were not aware, she has started a blog to let all of us keep up with what all is going on with that. I have added a link to her site on my blog roll, so please check it out. And if you get the chance, leave her an encouraging note. I know they appreciate our prayers. For those of you who know Teresa, you can also pray for her and her parents, as they are having a hard time as well. It is hard for them to be so far away from Amy during this time.

Well, housework calls. It is sheets and towels day, so I gotta go change the laundry around and put clean sheets on our bed. I am excited because Matt and I have been needing new sheets for a while, and we wanted to have the jersey t-shirt kind. Anyways, today, we went to a store called Mardens, and they had a ton of them for only $9.99 a set - all sizes! Yay! So we got some and I am washing them and ready to put them on! They are so soft! Hehe - I know you all really wanted to know what kind of sheets I had on my bed! :-)

Anyways, Peace out, homefries!

Liam, doing a little reading (his bookshelf is completely empty!).
I figured it was about time I put up a pick of just Matt and I.
Leila is doing her squealing thing here. You obviously can't hear it, but this is what her face looks like when she is doing it.
Our very own Squatty (sp?) Body
I LOVE this pic!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I tell you, I can TOTALLY relate to the can't sleep at night thing. My mind just keeps going and going. Wish there was an "on-off" switch :)