Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Its Been a While

Hello to all of you out there joining me via the miracle of the Internet! I guess that I have been slacking on my blogging here lately. We have been really busy, and I have been really tired. I love being a mommy, but some days are just a bit overwhelming. This last week we have had two cranky kids. Not really sure why. But today was a much better day. They were both happy! Let me give you some quick updates on the exciting adventures of the Sealy household...

Matt is, as usual, busy. Church is going great, but there is always something to do! We had youth group tonight, which was fun like normal. Tonight we played "Life-size Monopoly." Matt and I spent 4 hours today getting the board ready. But it turned out really nice. I forgot my camera so I couldn't take a picture for you all to see what it looked like, so I can't show you right now. But, it is still set up at church, so we will take a pic tomorrow and then I will post it. The kids seemed to enjoy it. The hardest part was keeping score. We set it up so that instead of having money, we had points. Let me tell you - it got confusing! My friend, Lena, and I were the ones doing the scoring, and we were just laughing at how confused we got ourselves, but it was fun.

I am doing good - just so tired. I am trying to sleep more to try to get some rest, so maybe in a couple days I will be better. I have been putting some major effort into trying to get Matt to let me put up our Christmas tree, put no luck so far. I even made his favorite apple pie hoping to bribe him. Didn't work. He says I have to wait til the day after Thanksgiving. I guess I can wait. I keep trying to get him to meet me in the middle and let me put it up next week. I will let you know if I succeed! :-)

Liam is doing well - talking up a storm. He really surprised us on Sunday by just out of the blue quoting his memory verse for Sunday school that we had just started last week. So now he can say three verses almost word perfect! I am so proud of him! He loves to sing, too. His new thing is to sing "Happy Birthday to Liam." It is funny. Oh, and he loves for Matt and I to play our Wii. He will get the control and bring it to us and say, "More please?" Then he sits down and just watches up play. When we finish a game, he will clap his hands and say, "Yay, boy" (meaning yay, good boy) or "Yay, job!" (meaning yay, good job.) On Saturday night he did have another night terror. So we were up for a while with him for that. I hope they stop soon.

Leila is GROWING!!! She is getting so long! There were two comments that I heard over and over on Sunday from people. One is, "Wow, look how long she is!" And the other is, "Boy, she really looks like Liam!" Which she does more and more each day. She is sleeping for 10 and 11 hours, now, and eating every 4 hours, so I am one happy camper! She is constantly chewing on whatever she can get in her mouth - mostly her hand. And she drools, drools, drools! The teething process begins!

Our weather was really warm last week, but now it is really cold. We had a few snow flurries tonight, but nothing major. I can't wait for our first real snow so we can play outside in it! I think that is about it for us here!

Oh, an update on the lady I talked with you all about. Clarice is still in the hospital and not doing well at all. She is very sick and in a lot of pain. We are now praying that the Lord will take her Home to Him soon, so she won't have to suffer anymore. Matt and I are going to try to see her again tomorrow. I want to go visit her at least one last time, sorta as a "goodbye." One exciting thing that happened is one of her daughters, whom she has not seen in nearly 8 years, came to visit yesterday. Clarice did not recognize her at first. But praise the Lord she came. Before she left, she gave her mom a hug and told her that she loved her. I am so happy for that! The other daughter still refuses to come. I think that one day, she will regret not seeing her mother and making amends before the end. It is heartbreaking.

Well, I can't think of anything else, so I will go for now. Maybe I will come up with a really clever post and write it tomorrow. Hmmm... I will try! But, for now, have a great night! Ta-ta!!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I hear ya about the overwhelming mommy part. :-) I just keep telling myself that one of these days it'll get easier... and of course one day Myles WILL sleep through the night. It's worth it anyway, right? ;-) Your mom stories inspire me, Em. You're doing a great job!