Take, for instance, the other day. I was trying to do two things at once, which I am usually okay at. Well, I was making myself a grilled cheese for lunch, and getting a bunch of potatoes ready to bake in the oven for the twice baked potatoes I was making for some college students we had over on Monday. I put my grilled cheese in the skillet, then put the potatoes in the oven. I know that if I don't set a timer for stuff in the oven, I forget about it and then overcook it. So, I went to the microwave to set the timer, but instead of punching in an hour, I put in 2 1/2 minutes. Now, where the 2 1/2 minutes came from, I have NO idea! Matt saw me do it and asked me what I was timing for 2 1/2 minutes, and I thought, "what are you talking about, I put in an hour!" Well, I finally realized what I did, and reset the timer. Matt thought I was timing how long to grill my sandwich on one side. So you see, I do strange things quite often, with no reasonable explanation. So, all that is to say, I could not think of anything clever to write about tonight.
One to other topics now! There is one thing that has really been bothering me for the last couple months. That is the fact that we have not had Leila's picture taken professionally yet. I know, to some it is not a big deal, but I like to have some professional ones done as often as I can. But, we have been so tight money wise that we just could not do it. But, things have gotten a tinsy bit better, so we are now able to do not only Leila's, but Liam's 2 year pics, and a new family pic! We are getting them done on Tuesday and I am really excited. We are having a man here in town do them. He is the one who has done all the cover pics for most of my father-in-laws cd's and prayer cards. He also did Matt's pics when he was in college. So, that is going to be the highlight of my week! Now, just to coordinate all our outfits! It is getting harder now, the more people we have. I don't know how my mom did it with all 7 of us when we were younger. Of course, there is the ever famous "Von Trapp Family" photo from a few years ago! :-)
Liam woke up this morning at 5 a.m.!!!!!! I don't know why, but he was wide awake. Matt got up with him for a while, cuz I had to feed Leila at 5:15. Then, we tried to have him sleep in our bed, but that never works. He will sit there and play with your face. Kinda funny, just not when you are trying to sleep. So, I finally asked him to sing to me, so he sang "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" for about 10 mins. It was sweet cuz he was singing it softly because "Leila was sleeping." So, today has been a long day. But a good day.
So, that about sums up our day. Oh, and I have made no more headway on the Christmas tree thing. I tried again on the way to church. He just smiled at me. *Sigh* We shall see how it turns out! Well, I should go now. I am sure there is something more productive I could be doing, like reading all the other blogs of my family/friends! Oh, speaking of which, I encourage you all to go to my brother, Andrew's, blog and read his latest post. I think he wrote a very good post regarding our new president. He said all the thoughts that I was thinking, but didn't know exactly how to say it all! So go check it out!
Peace out, Homefries!
She is aways holding her mouth like this lately. Maybe she feels a tooth?
2 comments:
Hey Emily,
I really need to start writing down my thoughts on my blog,it's so fun to read about your day's and your kids and such, I enjoy it so thanks for blogging. (not that you do it for me)
The pic of Leila reading is so cute and funny, she looks so concentrated. Thanks for always posting a comment on my blog, I like to read them = )
Miss you guys!
At least I'm not the only one who's brain no longer works "right." ha! Congrats on the 50th blog!
Post a Comment