Thursday, November 13, 2008

You Learn Something New....

Okay, so lately I have been learning things about my children that I did not yet know. I already shared with you how Liam started quoting verses that he had been told only one or two times. I am now finding out just how sharp his mind really is. Today we were reading some of his books, and I read one to him that we have not actually read all the words to yet. So far, I have just talked about the pictures with him. Well, after I read it to him, he took the book from me, and asked me to read it again. So I did, only this time he held the book and turned the pages. But what caught me off guard was how he turned every page at exactly the right time! Now, I know he can't read, but if you didn't know any better, you would think he could and that he was reading along with me and turning the page when needed! I tell you, his memory is so sharp! I am beginning to think he may be like my brother, Andrew, and have an incredible memory, maybe even photographic! That Liam never ceases to amaze me!

Oh, as I was just typing that last paragraph, Liam did something funny. Our computer is on a little shelf/desk thing in our hallway, right outside Liam's room. Both the kids have been in bed for over an hour now, and I have not heard any noises, so assumed they both were asleep. Well, Liam just opened the door, looked out, then shut the door to his room again. Then, he opened it again, and kept opening and closing it for about a minute. Matt went in there and asked him what he was doing, and Liam simply looked at Matt, turned around and climbed back into his bed! Hmmm.... I don't think he was sleepwalking, but he sure was a little out of it! Hehe!

Anyways, on with my post. Today, I learned two things about Leila. First, I learned that she can sit up all by herself for 30-45 seconds, balancing herself quite well. She does a really good job, but eventually falls over. So, she is getting closer to being able to sit on her own! Good girl!

Secondly, I learned this about her - her feet STINK!!! I have noticed an odd smell sometimes, but have always attributed it to spit-up or needing her diaper changed. But today, I was playing with her and smelled that very odd, wierd smell. I had just changed her, and she had not spit-up yet, so I began to investigate. She had just kicked her socks off, and so it only took me a few seconds to realize that it was her feet! Ewww! How can such a little girl who doesn't really sweat and hardly ever wears shoes have such stinky feet? Liam's never smelled! Poor girl! I hope she doesn't have to deal with stinky feet all her life! I had to deal with stinky feet on a roommate in college, and boy, was it bad! Wendy, you probably remember that! Yucky! Now, just so everyone knows, I bathe both my children every day, so it can't be that Leila isn't clean! Hmmm...go figure! I guess we will start using lots of lotion on her feet from now on!

So, those are some things I have learned recently about my kids. Today was a good day. Matt is sick, so he has been home laying down all day. I hope he gets better soon and that he isn't getting the flu! Pray that he doesn't!

Other than that, all is well here! I didn't do a whole lot today. Just cleaning up and chasing little ones around all the time! I did get to talk to my sister, Amanda, and my sis-in-law, Michelle, for a while, which is always fun. Tomorrow we have a few errands to run, but that is all the plans I have for now! I hope you all had a good day, too! Have a great night!
Until next time...

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Oh my! Stinky feet and only 4 months old?! *sigh.... Let's just PRAY she doesn't have smelly feet like well...your former roomie... ;)