Its 2 days before Christmas and I can hardly believe it! Where did this year go? It seems like it was just last week that we were announcing to everyone that we were expecting another child, and now our little Leila is 6 months this week! Wow! Time seems to be going by so fast, and I think it is going even faster with children!
We are thoroughly enjoying our vacation so far. In my last post, I told you we were headed to eat at Outback for Matt's birthday. Let me tell you, it was YUMMY! Very good. And, we got a free dessert out of it since it was Matt's b-day. One neat thing that happened while we were there was we saw my old orthopedic doctor, Dr. Eilert. He was the one that performed my spinal fusion surgery when I was 13, but I had been going to him since I was a baby. I truly believe that if it were not for him and his care, I would either not be here today, or I would be in a wheelchair. I have not seen him in about 10 years. I don't know that he remembered me, but my father and I still went up to him, introduced ourselves, and thanked him for what he did for me. It was nice to be able to do that. I hope it encouraged him to know that what he does makes a difference in other's lives.
The rest of our week last week was filled with Christmas shopping and just relaxing. Since we live in such a small town, and do not have many stores, and no malls, it is exciting for us to get to go out and shop, even if it is just window shopping!
My brother, Andrew and his wife and kids were supposed to get in on Saturday night from Boston, but, due to weather, they did not get in here until last night. If you are interested, check out his blog to read about their funny times they had in getting here. There is a link to his blog on the right of my page. Just click on the one for the Andrew Doan family.
Well, I finally got to meet my twin nieces, and they are just too cute! In the pictures, I can tell them apart, but when I see them together, I have a harder time! But I am loving getting to snuggle them! Liam is really having a fun time with all of his cousins. They are getting along great, besides a few occasional sharing issues. But that is to be expected at this age. They all have to learn to share at some point!
Speaking of Liam, he is not feeling too well today. He has been a little off since we got here, but this morning he was just not acting like himself. So, shortly after breakfast, we put him back down for a nap, which is completely out of the norm. He went out like a light, so I knew something was up. Plus, you could just tell from his eyes that he was not feeling the greatest.
Well, while he was sleeping, Matt, Danielle, and I ran out to get some last Christmas presents. While we were gone, we got a call that Liam had thrown up. Poor boy. He has never thrown up before, so this is all new. We came right home, but Grammy and Papa had it all under control, of course. So, we are just getting Liam to rest and trying to keep him away from the others kids, so we don't have a mass sickness! Now that would be interesting! So please pray for the little guy, that he begins to feel better very soon so he can continue having fun with his cousins.
Well, that's all I know from here! I hope everyone has a blessed Christmas, and cherishes the time with family and friends. Merry Christmas!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment