Thursday, December 18, 2008

Long Time

Well hello! I am sitting here in BEAUTIFUL Colorado, with freezing hands as I type this. We are so happy to be here. There is snow on the ground, with more in the forecast and it is cold, cold, cold. We are projected to get sub-zero temps all this weekend, with a great possibility of a white Christmas! Yeah! It just isn't the same on Christmas with no snow!
Well, after a long, Long, LONG trip, we arrived here weary and worn. We initially left on Sunday afternoon and drove down to my brother, Andrew's, house. We stayed there Sunday night and Monday night and left early Tuesday morning. It was nice to spend a little time with Andrew and Danielle before coming out here. They will be here on Saturday, too. On Monday, we went to go see their chiropractor, for which I am so thankful. All through college and ever since, I suffered from sever headaches pretty often, and discovered through my uncle who is a chiro that my headaches can be helped through getting adjusted. So ever since then, I go see one whenever I can. So I am SO happy to go see this one that Andrew and Danielle go to. Then Danielle and I went grocery shopping, just the two of us, which was kinda fun. I mean, we love our kids, but sometimes it is easier to go shopping without them.
Then, it was time to leave. We were flying out of Boston, which is about an hour away from where they live. Amanda offered to drive us. Our plane did not leave until about 10 a.m., but there is SO much traffic going into the city in the mornings, we wanted to allow plenty of time for that. Plus, for those of you who have flown with children, it is a lot more involved, especially going through security. So, due to all that, we were advised to leave the house at 5:30 am. So we did, and boy was that early!!! But, we only hit a little bit of traffic and were arrived at the airport at 7 am. Then it was on to security, which went very smoothly since it was not that busy just yet. So, we then had several hours to kill. Thankfully, we have a little dvd player, so Liam was able to watch Thomas and Curious George.
Now, all along, I was completely dreading the first flight because it was 4 hours in the air - from Boston to Houston. But, praise the Lord, Liam slept for over 3 1/2 hours of it, and Leila for over 3 hours of it! Yeah! The only major problem was the fact that BOTH the kids wet through their clothes! Now, Leila does this occasionally, but Liam almost never. But his entire backside was soaked!! So, we got off the plane, and had to do a quick clothing change for each of them. Unfortunately, I did not plan the best, and they both only had pj's as extra clothes. So, Liam spent the rest of his day in his pj pants, which at the long underwear type of material.
So, now we are in the huge airport of Houston, Texas. WE find our gate, and get all settled and ready to board any minute, when we find out that the plane we are scheduled to take has yet to arrive. It was circling above due to low visibility because it was really foggy. So, after about 30 mins, they tell us that the plane was running low on fuel, so it was diverted to Austin, which is about an hour flight. Then, it was going to come back for us. That was not encouraging, so I started to pray that something else would come up. To make a long story short, the airline found another plane getting ready to land, and we were off only about an hour and half late. So we landed just about 2 hours late, which was not too bad. Then, after we landed, we still had a 2 hour drive to my parents house. So we stopped for a quick bite to eat at Chick-fil-A (which we love, but don't have any near us!) then headed home. All in all, it was a good day, but very very long! We were up and travelling for about 20 hours! The kids did great. We are so blessed to have such good children, who travel so well.
These last few days we have just been chillin and having fun. Matt and I went to some outlet stores that are near here and got some clothes. Geoffry Beane is going out of business, so Matt got a dress shirt for $5 and I got a cute dress for $10.
Oh, just a neat fact for you all. Yesterday, I had the privilege of calling my great grandmother, Mouse, and wishing her a happy 100th birthday! Wow! 100 years! Amazing, isn't it! So neat that we have 5 generations living in my family right now!
Well, today is the love of my life's 29th birthday. We are all going to Outback Steakhouse for his birthday dinner. Matt has never been, but loves steak and has always wanted to go there. So that is where we are headed to now! I trust everyone is doing well there! I will try to update you all again in the near future!
Until next time!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like quite an adventure! We are going to be flying with our munchkins to Greenville in Jan, and I'm interested to see how that goes. Glad to hear you all made it safe and sound even in long unders. :-)

Wendy said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you all! Glad you can have a little vacation time with family in your favoritist state :) MMMM....Outback is soooo good! We love going there :)