Monday, December 8, 2008

Busy Week

Well, we have such a busy week ahead of us! Today started it all with me making lists of what all I need to get done this week, then we headed to Maine for gas and groceries. Then we came home and started making our gift to all our church members. Last year, I baked TONS of little mini loafs of pumpkin bread. This year, we decided to make hot chocolate for them and put it in cute little jars all decorated for Christmas. It was definitely easier this year than last year cuz there was no baking involved, and Matt did most of the mixing of the ingredients and putting it in the jars. So anyways, that is one thing to mark off my list!
Tomorrow, I plan to mop and vacuum my whole house, then clean the bathrooms and catch up on laundry. Tomorrow night we have youth group. Wednesday I am packing all that I can for our vacation and finishing whatever laundry I don't get done tomorrow, plus we have church. Thursday morning I have an eye dr. appt, then we are celebrating Christmas with Matt's parents since we will be gone starting on Sunday. Then, Friday morning, my sis and her boyfriend are coming, so we will be spending time with them. Saturday night we have our church Christmas program. Sunday morning is church, and then that afternoon we will carpool to New Hampshire with Amanda and Andrew (her friend of the boy variety). Whew! I get tired just thinking about it all. And I will attempt to accomplish all this while trying to keep the kids as much on their schedules as possible!
So, if I don't post on here much this week, you know why! :-) We are all pretty tired today. Sundays just wipe us all out. I love Sundays, yet dread them all at the same time. We are the first to arrive at church, and the last to leave. But, it is all worth it!
The kids are doing pretty good. Leila is just her happy self and is really becoming so observant of all that is around her. She loves it that she can roll over now. She gets this proud look on her face when she does it. It is cute.
On Saturday night, we put our sweet son Liam to bed. On Sunday morning, Liam had been replaced by Mr. Super Cranky Pants. He was so cranky and downright disobedient all day. Matt commented on the fact that we think yesterday was the hardest day we have had yet with Liam and discipline. I don't know what his problem was, but he was so cranky and "bad." It was a long hard day. But, I am happy to say that sweet Liam came back to us today, mostly. I tell you, I used to think that the "Terrible Twos" was just a result of parents not doing their job, but now I realize that is not necessarily true. Liam is really trying to express his will. It is so tiresome to be battling wills all the time. But, we love Liam so much, and we want him to know what is right and wrong, so we can't give in to him.
Even though we have had some rough times recently with him, we love him so much, and I would not trade anything in the universe for him. I love being a mommy. I love my children so much, that I cannot express in words what they mean to me. I would do anything for them. I am so blessed to have this privilege of raising them.
So, anyways, that is what is up with us! Please pray for us if you think of it this week. Please pray that the Lord gives us the strength to make it through this week. Matt is even more busy than me with getting everything in order for the Christmas program and for the church while we are away. We hate to leave our church, but desperately need it all at the same time. We have not taken a real vacation since September 2007. We have had a day here in and there, but nothing significant. So this vacation will be so good for us. A chance to rest our bodies as well a our minds. Matt will get a little break from speaking 5-6 times a week. I will welcome the helping hands of Grammy - especially in the mornings! :-) (I am hoping to sleep in, at least a couple times!).
So, now I am off to go change the sheets on our bed and then to get in bed and sleep! Have a wonderful night!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Ha! By the time you finish everything this week getting ready for vacation, you're going to need a vacation for sure!! I too am baking this year for the church, but it's a small congregation so I'm not too hard pressed. I'm doing muffins too and that's pretty simple. Anyway, even if you don't get to blog much I hope your week goes smoothly, all the laundry gets done, and Liam stays sweet instead of Cranky Pants. :-)