Okay, so maybe Leila didn't actually take a step literally, but she did take the next step figuratively in her development. Today, she rolled over from her back to her front - the "hard way." I knew she was getting close these last few weeks, she would almost get there, then fall back to her back, giving up. But this morning, she was having her play time on the floor while we were getting ready. I put her on her back so she could look around and practice trying to roll over. After a little while, Matt asked me if I had put her on her tummy. I said I hadn't, and he said, "Well, she is now!" So, now she is rolling all the time. Every time we put her on her back today, she immediately rolled to her tummy. I actually caught it on tape, which I was happy for. So, I guess the next steps are sitting up and crawling! Yikes! My little girl is growing too fast!
We finished decorating the church today, and I think it looks fabulous! Our theme we were going for was "Winter Wonderland." We wanted it to look like we were outside, and that there was snow everywhere. It is hard to decorate on a very small budget, so we sure got creative. And ransacked the Dollar Store! :-) For our Christmas program this Saturday, we want it to seem like all the singers are a bunch of carolers outside someone's house. I put some pics below, so be sure to check them out!
Speaking of winter wonderland, it has been snowing here for the last several hours - and is supposed to continue for a while longer. Hopefully not so much that it keeps people from coming to church tomorrow! But it is really pretty - big fluffy flakes. I just love snow!!!!
Well, that is all for now! Have a wonderful night all!
2 comments:
Emma enjoyed seeing the "boby" (her version of baby :) roll over! Cute decorating! Looks so cozy in there!
Awww! What a cutie pie! Tell her tht Grammy said good job! Love the decorations in your church - how creative!
Post a Comment