Greetings from NOT WARM Canada. We have had a few nice days - one even in the 50's, but other than that, it is still quite cold, even snowed most of today. I am craving Spring like I don't know what. I think we are all getting cabin fever! Anyways, I am still hopeful that one of these days, soon, I will wake up and hear the birds chirping and we can go outside without all of our layers of sweaters and coats on and just run around in the grass. I am definitely hopeful!
Our week has been pretty status quo, so far. Youth Group was good last night. We had really good services on Sunday. And today has been a nice, somewhat relaxing day. Matt is still not feeling that great. He has been fighting some kind of sinus/cold thing basically since Christmas. He finally said he thought he should go to the dr, so we made him an appt. next week. Lord willing, he can get rid of whatever it is that he has, so he can have more energy and be back to his normal self.
The kids are both doing really well. Leila has officially learned how to crawl on all fours, instead of just pulling herself along with her arms and dragging her legs. So now, she is even faster and is discovering all kinds of things. She has also rediscovered her voice. She used to jabber a lot, but for about 2 months was relatively quiet. Now, she must have remembered that she has a voice, because she squeals, shrieks, laughs, and says, "dada" and something that sounds oddly like "Lay-la" ALL THE TIME! She has said "mama" a couple times, but seems to prefer "dada" instead. As a matter of fact, she is saying that right this moment in her crib. It sure is cute!
I think I have mentioned before how I was having a hard time with getting her to eat solid foods. With Liam, it was so easy. He ate anything that I put in front of him. But not Leila. Right now the only things I can get in her without a fight is cereal, sweet potatoes, and PRUNES!! Of all things! She won't even eat applesauce or bananas! Go figure! Both Matt and I think she is going to be our feisty one. Oh, heavens! What we have to look forward to!
Liam is doing well too. He is going through a new fascination of wanting to be like Leila, so he is always asking to get in her playpen and play with her toys, or to get in her crib, etc. He is a good big brother - he is always hugging and kissing Leila, and helps me put her to bed every night by kissing her, singing "Jesus Loves Me" to her, and then closing her door. It is pretty sweet.
We seem to have taken a little step back in the potty training today. We have had to change his pants 3 times. For some reason, he is too busy playing today to tell me that he has to go. But, it is okay. I knew enough to expect this, so we are just going with the flow and not making a huge deal out of it.
Another new thing of Liam's is how he asks for things. He used to always just say, "Mommy, yogurt please?" But just this week, he started to say, "Mommy, can I have some yogurt please?" It is nice to hear him talk so politely. We will work on the can/may issue later on! :-)
Actually, we have really been trying to teach him manners, even when he was younger. We first taught him to sign "please" and "more" and "all done" before he could talk. But now that he can talk, we make him say "please" and "thank you." I don't know where exactly he got this, but he started to say , "Thank you very much." I love it! We are told often out in public how polite he is, which is great. I always said that I wanted to raise my boys to be gentlemen, a lost art in our world today. I want my boys to hold the door for girls, to say, "Yes/no, Sir/Ma'am" and "please/thank you" etc. So we are starting that even now. Matt always says things to him like, "Let mommy go first because girls go first" and things like that. I am finding even now how many teaching opportunities there are in even the most simple everyday task!
Liam also likes to help me switch the laundry, and empty the dishwasher. I have him help me pick up his toys in his room. All these are good lessons to teach him. I remember my mom telling me once that she used to just clean up our stuff when we were younger just because she could do it faster and more efficiently, but she wishes she would not have done that, but rather taught us to do it ourselves. I have always remembered that and am trying to apply her lesson to my life!
So, there we go. Another long-winded post, from the long-winded Emily. I will post a few pics that I took the other day, then need to go check on our supper. There is a sweet couple in our church who make us supper every couple weeks on Wednesday to give me a break from cooking. It is so sweet of them! Tonight is lasagna and garlic bread with brownies for dessert! Yummy! Anyways, I hope all reading this are well! Have wonderful rest of the week!
Standing in her playpen and chewing on the rail
Can you tell he is saying, "Cheese!"?
She already loves to walk while we are holding her hands. Uh-oh!
Playing in the playpen
I just love this smile!!!!
Liam was "reading" his Bible and singing to Leila, yesterday.
3 comments:
That last picture is so adorable Emily :)
very cute pics, i always enjoy your blogs.
Just love those cutie-pies!!! Great pictures,,,MOM
Post a Comment