The kids are doing very well. I think I briefly mentioned in a post last week that we were going through a phase with Liam not wanting to go to bed. Well, I sorta downplayed it then. Actually, it was a terrible week with that! All of a sudden, Liam would scream bloody murder when it was time to go to bed - at night and at nap time. Bedtime has always been pleasant for us, so we had no idea what that was all about. He would scream for me to "come lie down." Well, we would scream and cry for 2 hours straight! He literally screamed himself hoarse! At first we were going in there to correct him, but that was not making even the slightest impact. So then we decided to just ignore him and let him cry it out. That little stinker tried ever trick in the book to get me to come in to his room. He tried, "I have to go potty" to "Mommy, I hurt."!!! Let me tell you that it is not easy for a mommy to ignore her child saying he hurts, but I knew very well that there was nothing wrong with him.
So, anyways, that went on for about 6 days. I absolutely dreaded sleep time. It was so unpleasant. I literally stood outside his door one afternoon during nap time, holding his door shut so he would stop trying to come out. I felt terrible, but it got the point across, and that was when he started to stop this little phase thing. And now, of all things, he has completely gone back to normal. No fussing or anything at bed time. Our singing and praying is a sweet time like it always was. Actually, he literally asked me on Monday night if he could go to bed - 15 minutes before I was going to put him to bed - and he went and got in bed for the night! Weird! I really think that he was just "testing the waters" as they say. Matt and I feel like we won that battle. Yay! One for Parents, zero for Liam! :-)
Leila is SO BUSY!!!! I think most of my day is spent getting her out of the stuff that she gets into! The second you set her down, she is zooming off to somewhere. She hates to be still, and loves to be standing and walking around on the furniture. She is getting braver now, and even lets go with both hands more often. Her balance is getting better, so walking is not far away!
Her newest things that she loves to do are - clapping her hands, waving hi and bye, and shaking her head no. Any time she hears the word "no" she shakes her head. It is really cute. She even will shake her head no sometimes when you ask her a question like, "Leila, do you want some carrots?" I am sure the timing is purely by accident, but it sure is cute!
Matt and I are good as well. We had fun revisiting our childhood yesterday. We wanted to have "Play Dough" night in youth group, so we decided it would be way cheaper to make it. So we made 10 batches of play dough. It was so much fun - I had forgotten how much I loved play dough! Only now it looks like I have a weird disease on my hands from the food coloring. We found some really cool neon food coloring that we used. It made the coolest colors, but unfortunately got on our hands. Matt's were pink for a while, but now are almost back to normal. But mine are still a neon purply-pink. Any suggestions on how to get it off? We got some degreaser stuff, but that only lightened it a bit. I guess I could just scrub the top layer of my skin off, although I don't really want to!
Oh, ya! I forgot to mention before that my sister got engaged on Easter!!! My little Manda is getting married! I can't quite grasp it yet. Isn't she still that little girl who was always following me around, annoying me by wanting to do everything I was doing? When did she become old enough to get married? But really, I am so excited for her. She is marrying a really great guy who I know will treat her well and take care of her and they will serve the Lord together. The wedding is set for June 20, so I get to see all my family in Colorado and see beautiful Colorado! Yay!
Well, that's all for now! I hope you all have a great day! Speaking of which, I don't even know exactly who "all" of you are! Drop me a quick note and let me know how you are doing and who you are! I always am curious who it is that reads this! Maybe no one! Who knows! :-)
Until next time...
1 comment:
Isn't it nice to have "nothing" to do? :) I have decided that who ever thought that staying at home is not work obviously had no children!! :) Hang in there! Oh and that is so exciting for Amanda!
Post a Comment