That about sums it up - we are Tired! I think I told you that we had an all-nighter with our teens on Friday night. It went really well. we had 17 teens - more than we usually have in youth group - so it was lots of fun. I do know one thing though - I am getting too old for that sorta thing. Matt and I are still trying to recover from it! But, it was a good time. It is always nice to spend time with the teens in a more relaxed setting. They seem to open up more then. I had several really great opportunities to have some great conversations our girls.
I also was reminded of all the DRAMA that happens with adolescent girls!!! Oh, WOW! some of it was absolutely ridiculous - but there was so much gossiping and bickering and glaring going on! Don't worry, we called them out on it. But at times, I just had to laugh because it was all so funny! I am sure I was never like that at that age! ;-)
Easter was a good day. We had 58 in our morning service! Praise the Lord! There was a sweet spirit in the service and an all around encouraging day. But boy, were we tired!
Our week has been pretty normal so far, which is great. Sometimes I like normal! It is predictable! The kids are pretty good. Leila has cut 3 teeth this week, with at least one more very close, so she has had a rough patch lately. But she handles it pretty well, I must say! Liam is extra clingy to me this week. Not sure what it up with that. He doesn't even want to go to bed, so bed time, which used to be pleasant has been a little stressful. Oh well. That's how it is with kids. I used to think that when parents say their kids were "going through a phase" that it was just an excuse for poor behavior that they were allowing their kids to have. But now I realize that sometimes it does not matter what means or how much discipline you administer, they are just sometimes "going through a phase!" :-) I sure was an expert on parenting before I had kids! Now I readily admit that I don't know squat!
Well, have a great rest of the week. We have a "Family Fun Night" planned at church tomorrow night where we are just going to eat and play games!
2 comments:
i know what you mean by being tired, especially with all nighters, being the youth pastors wife, I go to all teen acitivities and some have been all nighters and some just late nighters. It is fun though! The pics of your kids are so cute, the last one of Leila's smile is adorable!
I can't get over how much your two little ones look alike! They are getting so big! Cutie pies!!
Post a Comment