The young girl close to my age that has sought out my counsel came over yesterday and we were able to deal with her salvation. The talk went very well, and I believe that she is more clear and her salvation now. She made a decision a while ago, but had been taught that you can lose your salvation, so she was very confused. But the Lord helped me make things clear how God has promised that He will "never, no never, no never" forsake her. We now are going to make it a weekly thing to get together and I will continue to disciple her and help encourage her as she has many issues that she must now deal with, and make many very difficult changes in her life. It is not going to be easy, and I know Satan will be in major attack mode. She came to church tonight because she wants to "learn how to pray." Praise the Lord! Please pray for me to be used of God in helping her make these changes and teaching her how to walk with God.
Last night we had youth group, and Matt and I were able to talk to one of our teen girls who is going through a tough time, and has been make suicidal comments and is quite depressed. We have been SO concerned for her, mostly for her soul since we are pretty positive that she does not know Christ. Things are not better, but we were able to talk with her and at least encourage her some. She is not making as many terrible comments for now. Please pray that she will get saved. I know that is what she really needs. Please pray for Matt and I as we continue to encourage and witness to her.
Haley, the little premature baby, had her appointment with the specialist in Toronto today. The dr. said he believes one of her eyes is not as far gone as the other, so they are going to operate on Friday. He was very positive in thinking that he would be able to help her gain some sight, at least in that one eye. Praise the Lord!! Her is yet another testimony to her parents that God and will answer prayers, because they know that many, many people are praying for precious little Haley. Please continue to pray for her parents and their salvations. Also, please pray for her surgery on Friday. It will begin around 11:15 EST.
I really appreciate those of you who do remember us in prayer. We can do nothing without the Lord, and it is such an encouragement to know that other are praying for us. If there is ever anything that you would like Matt and I to pray for, please, let us know. We are commanded to "bear one another's burdens" and we do that through prayer.
That is all for now! Have a great night/day!
No comments:
Post a Comment